ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adjusting Coilys/Set Up

Clio 197 R27 Albi
Right 2 questions, Ones a bit noooooby but oh well.

How do you adjust the ride hight on Ktec coilys? I have C spanners. Is there a way of measuring it on each side and which way do you screw them to go lower? Genral help really. Thanks.

Also.

I've had the toe(tracking)/caster/camber set up latley, what else is there to be set up with coilys? I always here people talking about having there coilovers set up and weighted, what do they mean? What else is there to do after toe/camber/caster?

Thanks

Clio 197 R27 Albi
Added bit of info I got from pro tyre about the set up.

Front Camber, Left: -0.32
Right: -0.43

Rear Camber, Left: -1.53
Right: -1.25

Front Toe, Left: -0.06
Right: -0.06

Rear Toe, Left: 0.18
Right: -0.05

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
People on here just count the threads mate, make it even on both front, and both back.

i.e 29 threads showing at the bottom of the front right, so have 29 theads showing at the bottom of the front left.

260% JCW
I used a ruler to measure the threads on the front to make sure it was the same height either side, similar for the back. Trial and error mate, i didnt want mine silly low so i adjusted the height and the took it out for a spin. Just to see if things rubbed then re-adjusted, Until i was happy.

Screw the collar up to raise the height of the car and down to lower.

As for camber and other settings if you've had these factory set already you'l throw these out as soon as you adjust the height. Its worth getting your ride height sorted before your get it set up.

Clio 197 R27 Albi
Thanks for the help,

In regards to the rear ride hight, how can you count the threads on this? from what i can see it would be hard to see them :S. The springs are seperate from the shocks on mine not together like ast's

260% JCW
Mine are the same,

You should be able to see the threads on the lower platform. If you cant see them they may be covered in crap, clean them up.

260% JCW
On a different note Im from Plymouth originaly, if you need any paint work doing i no a guy who can sort you out.

172 Ph1
I measure mine off the top of the strut bolt
area to the lower ring with a vernier gauge, as good as damn close
to level I spose

Clio 197 R27 Albi
Thanks for all the help looking at my set up figures, is it normal for the rear camber and rear toe to be like it is?

Added bit of info I got from pro tyre about the set up.

Front Camber, Left: -0.32
Right: -0.43

Rear Camber, Left: -1.53
Right: -1.25

Front Toe, Left: -0.06
Right: -0.06

Rear Toe, Left: 0.18
Right: -0.05