ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adios 911 hello CLS

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
I managed to sell the Porsche after almost a years ownership as i never really
got along with the car, namely the manual gearbox. Being a lazy git ive just
bought another automatic and this time a CLS 320 CDI. I was in two minds which
car to go for and in the end the slight better practicality of the CLS won out
over an E350 coupe.

Bye bye 911:

1.JPG

I spent a few weeks searching for the right car with
Mercedes history and the right spec and located one across in Scotland with just
about every extra spec'd on the car from the factory plus some others likes TVs
in the headrests and a DVD changer, which should keep my son entertained and a
factory Brabus D6 chip which should keep me entertained.

I was in two
minds over the colour but after seeing it in person at the weekdn im starting to
come round to it as it seems to compliment the lines of the body.

3.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

6790ce6e.jpg

Mini Cooper S
So it's a 320CDI or a D6? What's the difference. My uncle has the 320...lovely motor.

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Its a 320 CDI engine with the Brabus D6 factory fitted chip.

It just takes the HP up to 270 odds.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Lovely cars. Although i'd dread to think how much of a hit the previous owner took in depreciation!

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Lovely cars. Although i'd dread to think how much of a hit the previous owner took in depreciation!

Just slightly under 1k a month since new 4 years ago lol

He went a bit crazy with the options though spending near enough 20k on extra kit.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Nice one, I love the cls, look much better with the Amg kit to, just make sure you get the 7g tronic gearbox serviced every 40k amd the car shouldn't give you to much trouble.

n2x

e60/f10
One of my favourite cars as far as looks go, proper beauty. Get some pics from the inside too!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nice machine. Always loved them. Sahme about the colour though. I've driven a nice Silver 320 quite a lot. Wouldn't have a bad word to say about it... that said, I wasn't paying to run it!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Lovely buses id have one no probs.

Not my choice of colour though.Whats the interior like or were these the for sale pics.?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Nice, not a fan of the colour either, my mate's dad has that on his W211 E-Class, but I prefer my Tealite Blue. Spec sounds very good though! I'm guessing its got comand.

Turbos.
I think they are beautiful looking cars that have aged well. I like the colour, makes a change from the oh-so-typical black and silver. They're also great value. I thought very seriously about getting one, but was put off by the interiors; i find all Mercedes a bit generic, dull and plasticky inside.

I think people put the 997 on a pedestal like its the greatest thing since sliced bread! How funny that now the new one is out, motoring journalists are suddenly able to pick holes in the old one! It suffers from a decidedly average ride, poor refinement, the front end 'bobbing', terrible xenons and, for me, isn't engaging to drive on a day-to-day level. Yes, niggling issues, but a lot of cars can beat a 997 as a daily.

I think they are beautiful looking cars that have aged well. I like the colour, makes a change from the oh-so-typical black and silver. They're also great value. I thought very seriously about getting one, but was put off by the interiors; i find all Mercedes a bit generic, dull and plasticky inside.

I think people put the 997 on a pedestal like its the greatest thing since sliced bread! How funny that now the new one is out, motoring journalists are suddenly able to pick holes in the old one! It suffers from a decidedly average ride, poor refinement, the front end 'bobbing', terrible xenons and, for me, isn't engaging to drive on a day-to-day level. Yes, niggling issues, but a lot of cars can beat a 997 as a daily.

So what your saying, is when Clarkson shuts up about it been a beetle, he's right?

as for the CLS, bloke near me used to have one intht colour, as you said, looks amazing in the metal.

Turbos.
Essentially, yes. But the 997 is a lovely looking thing, sounds great, and so is easy to forgive. But it doesn't do everything well, and they are very expensive when you factor in 'essential' options. The Turbo has handling more to my tastes (initial understeer isn't a problem), and is bloody fast, but then it is more money to buy and run, so virtually a different car.

From experience, i'm just saying the 997 isn't the 'default choice' that it has earned itself.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I really dislike these for some reason. Probably because they look like a slug and are are normally driven by fat, middle men in pin stripe shirts.

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

The refinement in the 911 was shocking. You could hardly hold a conversation with someone beside you in the car and talking on bluetooth was useless at any sort of speed. I just found myself using it less and less on a daily basis.

Few interior pics along with the ugly steering wheel....

e28d7d4c.jpg

1ecae5f4.jpg

81c8ed2b.jpg

f6636756.jpg

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Lovely barge, lovely interior, gash bus sized wheel! Surely a replacement can be sought?

Ive no idea what others are available apart from the AMG 55 and 63 models however it would still retain that gash looking middle airbag part and buttons, plus i also have paddles for changing gear behind the wheel which are a nice addition.

When does the Mercedes subforum open?

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Ive no idea what others are available apart from the AMG 55 and 63 models however it would still retain that gash looking middle airbag part and buttons, plus i also have paddles for changing gear behind the wheel which are a nice addition.

When does the Mercedes subforum open?

There will be Amg,Brabus options, personally I'd try and get hold of the half wood/leather combo I have it in my e class and it look so much better. Plus the steering wheel is much harder wearing.