ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

additives/power boost spray etc. etc.

53' 172 Cup
does anybody think any of these bottles of additive and horsepower-in-a-can sprays actually work?? iv seen one on a site called Splitfire Ceramic Power Booster which claims:
Simply add to your engine oil and it will bond a protective ceramic coating to the inside of your engine! Based on space technology, this will give a virtually frictionless motion between parts. As well as engine protection, you will notice improved starting, power increases and fuel savings!
Has anyone used this or similar products and seen any noticable difference in performance?

53' 172 Cup
so the stuff which you spray directly into the intake is pointless as well? i havnt tried any of them on my cup, tried it once on my old golf (it had done 72k miles tho) and it did make a little difference... I guess the newer the car the less effect these products have?

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
I'm still a fan of jetting carb cleaner straight into the TB, a trait brought over from my mk1 days

Audi TT 225
Not really an additive tho, thats good for cleaning the crap off it and evaporates in seconds.

Hes on about Super Wizzy Add 10% more engine power, clean injectors, fuel system, lower mpg, motor spunk ;)
Worthless... give me the £5 or £10 it costs to buy and I'll tell you your cars better for it hahahah!

ive used fuel infjector cleaner etc but dont see the need for additives, i use Super Unleaded as i think thats enough.

clio rsi and r5 gtx
All that stuff seems to do is to up the octane level in the fuel, just use a decent petrol like optimax. If you overdose your car on additive you will higher the ron rating of the fuel to much and do damage to your engine. super unleaded is about 95 Ron i think thats plenty good enough. Ohh regular servicing is allways advisable.

Steve

M2 Competition
Use bp ultimate/ optimax, and nothing else. Lol at the peeps using 95 ron fuel, thinking it saves money when they use twoce as much of it. Anways, use super, and tis all ok