ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adding wheels to insurance- robbing b*******

Clio200 EDC Lux
What a joke, gave Direct Line a ring enquiring how much it would cost to add after market alloy wheels to my 172. The want an extra £120 and my excess will go up by £150, anyone else had this problem told them there's no way I would be ripped of like that.

I obviously expect to pay a little extra but not that much.

Audi TT 225
I had to pay this with my last car but they covered me for upto £1000 worth of alloys so if anything happened to my car I would get the extra cost of the alloys and the value of the car....

clio 16v
storm- what sort of cover is it? new for old? or just return the car to standard in the event of a claim??

Clio200 EDC Lux
They wasn't interested in how much the wheels costs, so I pursume they would just replace them as standard wheels.

Clio200 EDC Lux
Ok I rang them at lunch women says extra £120 + extra on excess.
Rang them tonight, spoke to some geeeezer (was telling me about his 19inch wheels on his golf) he says £93 and no different excess.

I am thinking LOL wtf is going on