ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adding spare wheel option to a mk3

1.5dci
Bought my mk3 clio (sports tourer) a month ago second hand at 1 year old, and it wasn't originally spec'ed with a spare tyre, which worries me as our work car part is notorious for nails (Had one go through the tyre on my mk2 a few months ago). so yesterday I went in to Renault and asked if I could add it now and the guy said to order a wheel from the parts dept which I did.
Has anyone added the spare to the car before, as I wanted to check that there isn't anything else I'll need like the attachment system for it/bracket etc... I'm also assuming I've got a jack in the car, but can check that later, Haven't had it long enough to work out where everything is yet, could even remember the reg yesterday to order the wheel!

The guy has already told me that it wont come with a tire so I'll have to find one cheep once I've got it as I didn't ask what size it'd be when I was ordering it.

Megane dci 130
You will need the cable mechanism that bolts into the boot as well. And possibly the part that links onto the cable once it's gone through the wheel.