ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Acuator ajustment, joiner nut?

Clio 182
Im used to the old style acutor rods where you had loads of play to tweak ajustment.

What about this? Seems to be a joiner nut so it cant really be ajusted??
image.jpeg

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Hmmm I've not seen that before, guess someone has engineered it for the clocking of the turbo and the oil feed being in the way.

I doubt it is one normal thread and one reverse thread so as you wind it it either extends or shortens the actuator arm. You could shim the actuator? Take it off and slip a washer on each of the protruding studs, looks like you have some threads left on them, how much it will gain you I don't know though.

Clio 182
So am i right in thinking no matter what i do with the joining nut its not going to shorten the rod any?

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
I doubt it, you would need to remove it, pull it apart, then shorten one of the rods and cut an external thread on it. I'd just try the washers between the actuator and bracket.