ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Active Crossover

350z & 16v Maxi

I am looking for a 3way active crossover that will allow me to set one of the high pass filters high enough for a tweeter. On the Phoenix Gold web site they have a MX3i which looks like what i am looking for but BBG dont do that one and i cant find much info on the net about or anywhere that sells it. BBG sell a PG TX406 which looks like it might do but it doesnt have any knobs in the pics i can find so dont know how it is adjusted or if it will work with a tweeter and i cant find much info on this one at all. So if anyone knows of these products or products from other brands that fit my needs then please let me know.

from what i have heard the caliber active crossovers are very good quality and a reasonable price, not sure on model numbers though

How about the Zapco SLX-4. It is actually a 4-way crossover, is fully adjustable even into the tweeter frequency range and has seperate inputs for front, rear and sub. They retail at £399 but we could do you one for £320.

I think it would do the job.

Russ

350z & 16v Maxi

Na the Caliber one does not go into tweeter range and also has a 5 band EQ which i dont want.

Evil, any specs pics on the Zapco?

Also i would like one that has a digital input either optical or co-axil

350z & 16v Maxi

Russ that Zapco one looks goooood!!! Exactly what Im looking for and 4 way is better as i will need it to be 4 way soon, not right now but soon. Would prefer a digital input but we cant have everything.

One question, see to use the Balanced output do you need another piece of equipment and if so do you sell it and how much?

Whats the best way to talk in more detail about it, e-mail?

350z & 16v Maxi

Russ,

Do you have the SLX-4 in stock? As im just off the phone with TECH DISTRIBUTION LTD (take it thats where you get them from) and they are out of stock for about 5 weeks.

damn..yes I get them from Tech Distribution. Im not suprised about the delay to be honest as i know they have had problems with stock on Zapco stuff

To get the balanced input you would need the SLB-R or SLB-R4 depending on whether you need 2 channel or 4 channel balancing. We could do them at £100 or £120 respectively. I dont think you would need anything else but ill check first if you did want to order one.

Oh and just a quick mention. If club members want Audiobahn or Zapco stuff at cheaper prices and you call Tech Distribution directly. Dont mention that we are doing them cheaper otherwise they will go mental and probably stop dealing with us.

Thanks

Russ

350z & 16v Maxi

No prob Russ, i wont meation it. I have an account with Tech Dis aswell and you need loads of things for teh SLX-4 if your not using it with a Zapco amp.

You need power supply, power supply cable and Symbilink covertion cables. Is a fortune even at cost prices. It is the fact that it uses the Symbilink that causes the problem, if it wasnt for that it would be perfect. Can anyone think of any other active crossovers that will allow bandpass for the mids and will go high enough to use with tweeters.

Actually those Audiobahn crossovers look like they would do the job nicely. Unfortunately they arent 4-way but im sure you can work around that. Im guessing that you dont need a price for them if you already have an account with Tech Distribution but if you do..let me know.

Russ

350z & 16v Maxi

I quite fancy the AX303x. Not only will it work well it looks the baws too. Dont think i really need a 4 way. Ill use it to run my tweeter, mid and 12s just now and when Polk bring out ther Momo 8" ill use it to run that insted of the 12 and get a bass driver for my subs. However just looking at the AX380Q whick looks cool and i would love the AEX500Q: I love buttons so much!!!

http://www.audiobahninc.com/images/products/AEX500Q_lg.gif

Yeah i think there would be enough buttons for you to play with on that one. I believe that is one of the rack mount ones. You can tell it to make the tea and clean the house and everything.

350z & 16v Maxi

Yea it is a rack mounted one. Absolutly lovely. Think ill be going for an audio bahn one or an Audio control 4XS.