ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Acoustic Valve?

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Quick question, as ive had a search and can't find much other than a guide on how to remove. What does the acoustic valve do? And what is to be gained from removing it. On a side note, what is my best bet for an air filter set up on a 182? I don't want a stupid cone.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Nothing noticeable in removing it, there is a guide on the trophy forum.

I'm not a member so I can't view it. Just wondered why alot of people seem to remove it? Am I best sticking with my standard setup and get a panel filter or going with the V6 or PH1 172 box setup?

Lotus Elise
V6 air box with ITG and regular cleaning.

Not much to be gained through breathing mods on clios

Listerine & Poledo
a decent panel filter is probably your best bet, unless all you want is loads of noise

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Ive just signed up on the Trophy forum and read that if you remove the AV it can cause a slight loss in power because its there to regulate airflow into the engine and its map.

Impreza Wagon
I've removed mine, made no difference at all. On the plus side it's small amount of weight removed....

Ive just signed up on the Trophy forum and read that if you remove the AV it can cause a slight loss in power because its there to regulate airflow into the engine and its map.

It's there purely so the car meets EU drive by noise regulations. Bin it off.