ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Acoustic valve question.

Hello all.

I'm new to clio ownership and wasn't going to play with this car but I can't help myself. I've been doing some reading on here but can't really find an answer. I have a ph2 172 and read that people remove or bypass the acoustic valve but read hat in doing so give no benefits so why do people do it?

Was thinking of doing mine but if I'm not going to gain anything I don't think I'll bother

Thanks

Chris

Clio RS172 Ph2
I`m sorry for kicking this tread, but I have a small question about removing the acoustic valve. I deleted the whole valve, but I kept the bracket with the vacuum part (in the red circle on the picture):

vpyryr.jpg

I made the vacuum hose closed with a screw in it. Also the sensor is still connected, is this correct? A lot of guys have disconnect the sensor, but why? The valve is not there anymore, so I would say that the sensor can be still connected?

Please let me know if its correct, or maybe I have to disconnect the sensor.

Regards,
Gerben

Clio RS172 Ph2
Bozo,

Thanks for you reaction! So it is no problem that i have stil the sensor connected? Do you know were this sensor is for? I have the idea that my car is starting not so easy anymore, since I have removed the acoustic valve, I thougt maybe it was because I have the sensor still connected.

Regards (Groetjes),
Gerben