ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Access after dash removal

benkay

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Ph2 + Audi S3(8V)
Guys,

Read fuBars guid on MK2 Ph2 dash removal.

Question is, if you do this, does it give you easy access from the top to behind the Head Unit?

I've got that many wires that need to get behind the HU that I can't push it back in place properly. If I remove the dash, will it give me room/access to pull the looms back and to the sides as the radio is inserted?

Ben

No, from the top you will be staring at the clock, and it blocks your access....

Removing the hazard/rear heater/ locking button and climate control under the head unit might help.

Whats it on the V6?

Above the stereo, where the hazard etc panel is, if the stereo is out push the plate from the back and it pops out, if not get a think flat screwdriver, slide it down the side of the panel and pop it off

The climate control... ermm... i think there is 2 screws at the bottom where the stereo sits, there is recesses for the screws... there might be 2 more screws if you have a look it should explain itself, after there out you should have a bit of room to get your hands behind etc.

benkay

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Ph2 + Audi S3(8V)
Cool, I'll give it a shot, yeh doing this on the V6.

Thanks for your help.

Ben

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
not sure about on a V6 but on my old 1.2 under the heater controls there was a curved panel above the cup holder, this slides out forwards and you can get access to the bottom back of the head unit, useful if you have lots of wires behind.

benkay

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Ph2 + Audi S3(8V)
Yeh, that's there but you need to be a proctologist to get your hand up far enough to reach the HU wires!

Jap Box
Im in this situation too, headunits been poking out of the front as there simply is not enough room behind the headunit to push them into. Ive had the dash top off and it helped slightly to get access to the sides of the headunit but not the top, im having another go on Friday at it all so will see how it goes then :)

DCi 100
You should be able to get your hand down the near side of the headunit etc inbetween the airbag with the top dash off.

197 FF
what about taking the glove box out? This i what i normally do to get access to the back.

There are some screws under the silver strip and some more dotted about should be easy to find

You can get your hands behind the HU easy with the dash out. Its not straight down but fairly easy to do.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Ive managed without getting my dash off. Try asking a lady friend to help as they tend to have smaller hands.

:p

Sam!

MK2 Clio
Why don't you use a flexible plastic rod to push through and attach the wires and just thread it through?

removing the dash top does help ....

i did it as i was fitting new tweeters in the stock locations, also made it SOOO easy to wire in the crossovers ect