ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Accelerator sticking ????

Rick86

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 1
Hi ,

this is on my ph1 172 cable version

whats happening is the accelerator is sticking at 2thou when i let off, this only happens when i drive normal ie everyday use,, if im heavy on the pedal its not so bad, i can stop the high idle/sticking on with a little blip of the pedal

Ive tried changing the throttle body no change, and also the cable ..this helped a little but still not 100%, its just one of those annoying things that i need to resolve.

​if anyone has any ideas what it could be id be much appreciative

​thanks Rick

Clio 182 trophy
i have exactly the same problem mate. i have also replaced the ICV worked for about a day or two. ive replaced cable, ICV and took apart and cleaned the TB. No idea what else it could be to be honest. :(

Rick86

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 1
its a strange one because it idles perfect after a little 'blip' of the pedal ,, only happens when slowly accelerating and release , ive looked under the bonnet whilst stationary and looking at the TB it just doesnt snap back enough im talkin millimeters!!! cables got play aswell ????? Wondering if the cable is chafing inside the sleeve i noticed its got a couple of sharp turns along its route ??

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
Have you had a remap at all, may be the higher idle. Mine does it quite noticeably until its properly warm after I RSTuner'd it!

Rick86

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 1
i haven't but a previous owner who was a member on here had it re-maped and chipped i believe , thats what a friend said but im doubtful as it ticks over perfect @ 1000rpm when it 'sticks' its from 1-2500 rpm.

Surely if it was the re-map the idle would be constantly high say 1500rpm ?? god knows lol ,, ICV is my next step going to try that then go from there

Mec 350 slk manual
i haven't but a previous owner who was a member on here had it re-maped and chipped i believe , thats what a friend said but im doubtful as it ticks over perfect @ 1000rpm when it 'sticks' its from 1-2500 rpm.

Surely if it was the re-map the idle would be constantly high say 1500rpm ?? god knows lol ,, ICV is my next step going to try that then go from there
I have uprated cams ported inlets & a remap and it sit on 1k , 1500 is to high I would say