ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Accelerator pedal travel... Two stages?

Teg
Just noticed this the other night when I went out for a drive. When I press the accelerator pedal it'll go down pretty much all the way to the floor but not completely but then if I apply more pressure the pedal seems to click and travel a little further until it's resting on the little rubber bump stop on the floor... Is this normal? Or is there something wrong with my pedal?

Thanks

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Its the speed limiter override switch. They all had it whether you had cruise/speed limiter or not.

BG Clio 182
Just noticed this the other night when I went out for a drive. When I press the accelerator pedal it'll go down pretty much all the way to the floor but not completely but then if I apply more pressure the pedal seems to click and travel a little further until it's resting on the little rubber bump stop on the floor... Is this normal? Or is there something wrong with my pedal?

Thanks
Yeah, it's just a button to click through the speedlimiter, I.e if you wanna go faster very quickly for some reason you just click it down. Sort of like kickdown in an auto.

RS Clio 182
I noticed this when I rest drove a 197 the other week. I asked the dealer and quite honestly he had no idea what I was on about. I'm glad it's normal. I can continue my hunt for a newer clio!