ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Absoutely Gutted!!!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Fecking hell! :dead: the gutted feeling is shared on here in a situation like that.

Hope you get it sorted soon mate

Renault Clio Mk2 PH2 DCI
i had a van crash into my ofs quater estimates of £1000+ just for that :O:O
Not amusing
would have been a write of just for the one panel, soo yeh i think it may well be buddie sorry!! She still looks good though

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
As someone else said - no reason to declare whatsoever. It won't have been recorded if it's not written off. Cat D means a Catagory D write off - uneconomical to repair, not too severe damage. Cat C is the same, but worse damage. If a car is repaired, and not written off by the insurance company - then it's not recorded. Cat C/D cars are seen for sale, because some people buy them back from the insurance company, or salvage places buy them, and repair them.

If the insurance company repair yours, it won't be recorded, and you don't have to declare it.

Dan

200 Ultra Red
As someone else said - no reason to declare whatsoever. It won't have been recorded if it's not written off. Cat D means a Catagory D write off - uneconomical to repair, not too severe damage. Cat C is the same, but worse damage. If a car is repaired, and not written off by the insurance company - then it's not recorded. Cat C/D cars are seen for sale, because some people buy them back from the insurance company, or salvage places buy them, and repair them.

If the insurance company repair yours, it won't be recorded, and you don't have to declare it.

Dan

Thanks for the info mate...appreciate it.

C

Cupster

Shame to see indeed. What once was p**n now declared sorn! bastids!!!

What was that??? Your neck hurts?

is dirty.
Yeah that's a right gutter. Not sure what the insurance will value it at but usually like our company we employ engineers who value it in accordance to the market and using Glass's guide. Don't think it will be a write off to be honest. You dealing with it through your insurance or claiming directly off the white van man's policy?

BMW E92/Audi S3
White van men are pathetic, theyre shite drivers and they also spend more time staring at women than the road while driving just because they don't get any.. Pecker! Gutted for you!

200 Ultra Red
Just heard to day that the insurance company has deemed the car a write off, Engineers report advised £4700 to repair with the possibility of exhaust damage taking the repair bill to over 6k. Absolutely gutted, loved my car to bits :(

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Gutted mate :(

On the upside, a lot of the 182s from traders on Autotrader are very pricey, so you have a decent chance of arguing a fair settlement.

Dan

200 Ultra Red
Just hoping that I do manage to get a decent settlement, as my car was immaculate.

Gonna be hard to replace but thinking maybe a 350Z...

Chelsea tractor
Just heard to day that the insurance company has deemed the car a write off, Engineers report advised £4700 to repair with the possibility of exhaust damage taking the repair bill to over 6k. Absolutely gutted, loved my car to bits :(
Ask to buy it back and sell it on eBay?

Focus RS Mk1
to be honest i wouldnt want it repaired, it will never be the same again.

sale value will now have gone down loads...get rid if you can

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
£7,750 is pretty good settlement, don't suppose you could hope for a great deal more unfortunately :(

As to what to get next, well you mentioned the 350z - so I guess you're thinking around the £15k mark? Or have the option of saving a lot of that, maybe a 197 as like, the natural step - if you're like me you wouldn't want another 182 as you've already had one heh :) The 197 is a very different animal, same straight line performance virtually, but better build, and much more confidence inspiring and grippy handling. Most people who make the step says it's better (and it did indeed get faster mid corner speeds than the Trophy in a recent Evo track test - although the Trophy was marginally, 0.2 seconds I think, quicker over the lap) but of course, it may not be for you - but if you're not already opposed to the idea, definately worth taking one out for a drive IMHO :)

Inferno Orange 182 FF
feel sorry for you!!
take it it wasnt on finance. cause i know if my car gets wrote off the finance company will give me the difference from the insurance money and the price i paid so i dont loose out,
what you planning on next then?

Titanium 182
Photo0045.jpg

This is the reason paul paints his backboxes,
You never know when they might be on show.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry to see whats happened mate, but you got a decent settlement from the insurance company, which i suppose is little comfort.

As for next car, meggy 225 IMO.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Sorry to see whats happened mate, but you got a decent settlement from the insurance company, which i suppose is little comfort.

As for next car, meggy 225 IMO.
225's are nice cars, but not a patch on the 182 to drive. R26's however.......