ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Absoutely Gutted!!!

200 Ultra Red
Photo0045.jpg

200 Ultra Red
An arsehole in a ford transit who doesn't look to see if people are slowing down in front of him in heavy b*****d traffic!!!!!

200 Ultra Red
Aint got a clue, waiting for the garage to put an estimate together....you reckon it'll be a write-off like?!?!? The back left panel is creased aswell like!!

172 cup
F**KING WHITE VAN MEN! I have a scratch on my front wheel arch due to a white van man cutting onto my lane on a roundabout (not quite the same scale i know) but they have no consideration.

I'm gutted for you mate, this almost happened to me on the way back from Glasto.

Fingers crossed for you.

200 Ultra Red
Its a 55 plate, immaculate condition, but in real terms i.e. insurance terms not worth a lot. I'm guessing the car is worth maybe £7500?

ohhh nooo! what a to55er...beautiful car too.
depends if its more than 2/3 the value of the car to fix iirc.
I had a nasty taxi driver take out my 1/4 panal..that cost abot £1400 to fix alone..hopefully its not bent all the insides..but looks like it has tbh.

It's A Reno
Sorry to see that pal.

Similar thing happened to me when the car was 6 months old:(
A guy in a Toyota smacked into the back of mine.

It creased the boot floor which they straightened, bent the rear panel which they replaced, bent the lip of the tailgate which they straightened and it needed a new rear bumper and a spray job.

All in it cost £1600, and that was at a Reno "really cheap lol" bodyshop so hopefully you may slip in to the repair bracket rather than write-off.

Just before it happened I got one of those 'senses' and looked in the rear view mirror.........the look on his face as he hurtled towards my car was a picture.:)

Last edited:
  arctic 182 ff
such a shame that mate only seen it the other week with the white turinis looked ace ! fingers crossed you do ok out of it !

titanic killer
ooch gutted looks a proper minter too
hope you get it sorted out quickly,if not let me no how much you want for your wheels,lol ONLY joking;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Write off?! Don't be silly.

It's a £7k car!

Even if there's £3k's damage there (which i don't think for a minute there is), it's borderline! I've been in that position before with my 172, and that was only worth half of your car! Are the rear quarters creased? Paint broken?

Gutted though fella.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
longs it not touched the roof i'm certain that'll be repaired :)

200 Ultra Red
Write off?! Don't be silly.

It's a £7k car!

Even if there's £3k's damage there (which i don't think for a minute there is), it's borderline! I've been in that position before with my 172, and that was only worth half of your car! Are the rear quarters creased? Paint broken?

Gutted though fella.

Left side quarter panel is creased quite bad like, no paint broken though...

ITB'd MK1
looks well repairable. TBH you can pretty much insist it's NOT written off and is returned to pre accident condition as it wasn't your fault

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Ah gutted :(

But, £7.5k car, would have to be a 4.5/5k repair minimum to right it off - so hopefully (assuming you want it back?) it'll repair :)

Dan

Clio Dynamique 1.4 16V
my old saxo got written off after a white van hit my drivers door at 60mph and bent the car!!!
hate the f*****s

200 Ultra Red
Cheers for the input, will give you all an update when I hear from the repair centre.

One question I have though is that if I do get the car back fully repaired, I'm still going to lose out in the long run as I would have to declare the car as having been in an accident. I'm always seeing CatD cars on pistonheads going for way less then there clean record counter parts.

So basically whatever happens I'm screwed because of some pratt who wasn't paying attention!!

BMW M135i
Cheers for the input, will give you all an update when I hear from the repair centre.

One question I have though is that if I do get the car back fully repaired, I'm still going to lose out in the long run as I would have to declare the car as having been in an accident. I'm always seeing CatD cars on pistonheads going for way less then there clean record counter parts.

So basically whatever happens I'm screwed because of some pratt who wasn't paying attention!!

Cat D means its been written off, nothing will be recorded you haven't got to say a thing. And as long as its been repaired properly theres no problem with that imo.