ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABSOLUTE JOKE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been on the phone to elephant.co.uk for about half an hour to discuss my insurance possibilities. I got an online quote for my new 1.8 16v and it came back as 1,270 which i was happy with being 20 and only driving for 3 years. (payed 2,400 for my first year on my 1.2) while i was on the phone the lady asked a few questions to build a quote. 5 mins later she says thats a 1 off payment of £2,100 all together.......

I said "whattttt"!!! apparently because i had a crash on my mums insurance (some idiot in a chavved up punto T-boned me) it classes as a crash in general even though the other driver accepted liability and payed all costs through insurance. Also the reason why it went up was because i have only owned the car a few weeks and am therefor statistically more likely to crash!!

All i can say on this is that the way insurance is calculated is pretty disgusting, its all based on statistics and what sort of group you fit into depending on age sex etc.

Any help on this as it has taken the p**s abit as i have bought the car thinking i will be able to insure it more or less straight away.

Tom

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Life mate you have to deal with it. Either pay the price or get something cheaper to insure.

Insurance can be a pain but everyone has to pay it. Try shopping round a bit more you never know.

S4 Avant
All i can say on this is that the way insurance is calculated is pretty disgusting, its all based on statistics and what sort of group you fit into depending on age sex etc.

How did you think insurance premiums were calculated?

Always, always secure a quote before buying the car.

Life mate you have to deal with it. Either pay the price or get something cheaper to insure.

Insurance can be a pain but everyone has to pay it. Try shopping round a bit more you never know.

I know i have to pay it and i will. I have always paid the price of insurance and declared everything.

How did you think insurance premiums were calculated?

Always, always secure a quote before buying the car.

Insurance should and the government have said will be judged on idividual references in the future.

I know i have to pay it and i will. I have always paid the price of insurance and declared everything.

Insurance should and the government have said will be judged on idividual references in the future.

lol, so you get your mothers brother dog saying you're a good driver and you get dirt cheap insurance? it's based on statistics not qualitative data for a reason!

Insurance will be expensive on your car for a reason!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I've found EUI Ltd (Elephant etc.) expensive the past few years. Quoted me circa £1,000 this year. I'll pass thanks. You just need patience and call around. I knocked that down by £400 in one phone call later in the day to someone else.

Why didn't you tell them about the crash on your original quote?

LOL!!!! @ not doing it on stats though. Just get someone to vouch for you. Much better.

I've found EUI Ltd (Elephant etc.) expensive the past few years. Quoted me circa £1,000 this year. I'll pass thanks. You just need patience and call around. I knocked that down by £400 in one phone call later in the day to someone else.

Everyone says this. For yournger drivers it is the cheapest place. but as you get older other cheaper place become available due to experience etc.

I think some people have got the wrong idea to why i am posting this. All i am saying is that me having a crash i am being put in the same catogory as everyone else who has had a crash. I got drove into by another driver, where as someone else could have been over the limit, bold tyres etc traveling at twice the speed limit crashes into a rolls royce or similar yet that person is paying the same as me for insurance. If that makes sense.

I think some people have got the wrong idea to why i am posting this. All i am saying is that me having a crash i am being put in the same catogory as everyone else who has had a crash. I got drove into by another driver, where as someone else could have been over the limit, bold tyres etc traveling at twice the speed limit crashes into a rolls royce or similar yet that person is paying the same as me for insurance. If that makes sense.

They aren't paying the same.

It's all based on risk. Statistically, someone who has been involved in an accident, is more likely to be involved in another. In the same way that a 17 year old with his first car is more likely to crash than Doris in her Mirca on the way to the garden center.

Lawl.

When I was 20 with 1 year ncb and 3 crashes on my record I was paying less than 1k for a Clio 200.

(I'm only 21)

Black Gold Trophy
I agree with you it's shite that an accident that wasn't your fault pushed your premium up.

But I also agree with the responses above!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I can't wait til the reference system comes in.

I'll use my other email address alias to confirm the first one's alright.

I'm gonna have Ray Fakadakis do my reference.

He is amazin. He is amazin mate. Absolutely amaaazzzinnn.

The fact that crashes raise your premiums regardless of fault is bad, but then avoiding bad drivers is part of the skill required to be a good driver IMO.

I'm gonna have Ray Fakadakis do my reference.

He is amazin. He is amazin mate. Absolutely amaaazzzinnn.

The fact that crashes raise your premiums regardless of fault is bad, but then avoiding bad drivers is part of the skill required to be a good driver IMO.

Not really much you can do about a muppet in a punto who due to the speeds gave me less than a second to react.

Guys i am going to live with it. I could be like alot of people in this country who thinks "nahh stuff paying that price ill just drive around uninsured". I am willing to pay my insurance in full. what i dont like is the fact it is based on if you have had a crash that wasnt your fault... we will class it as your fault which isnt fair.. not all crashes can be avoided.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm still lolling at you buying a car without securing a quote.

Oh and you're statstically more likely to have an accident than soneone who hasn't. That's easy to understand right?

I'm still lolling at you buying a car without securing a quote.

Oh and you're statstically more likely to have an accident than soneone who hasn't. That's easy to understand right?

Come on mate, how am i more statistically more likely to have a crash. if i am then so is everyone else as that same guy is driving out there today and could hit anyone of us. And i am going to still insure my car but just a bit annoyed i will be paying a little more.

Cause statistics say so.

This is the thing.. everyone has been brainwashed to think that it should be down to statistics. it should be down to everyones personal preferences. post codes etc are a naff way of doing things. a mate of mine lives over the next street, he is getting quotes for 3,000+ pounds on a 1.2 where as i was quoted 800 pounds... we are both the same age, drive the same BUT... he has a different post code. now is that fair or have i made my point?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Part of the reason for loading you for the crash, is that a huge amount of 'accidents' are avoidable. Sadly you couldn't avoid the Punto driver, but the insurers have to base their risk calculation on something.

This is the thing.. everyone has been brainwashed to think that it should be down to statistics. it should be down to everyones personal preferences. post codes etc are a naff way of doing things. a mate of mine lives over the next street, he is getting quotes for 3,000+ pounds on a 1.2 where as i was quoted 800 pounds... we are both the same age, drive the same BUT... he has a different post code. now is that fair or have i made my point?

That's the Ghetto for you.

But on a serious note, "how am i more statistically more likely to have a crash" made me laugh out loud.

That's the Ghetto for you.

But on a serious note, "how am i more statistically more likely to have a crash" made me laugh out loud.

Ah forget it!! im never going to win a dicussion with the clio sport fan boys today. you guys win!! haha.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Come on mate, how am i more statistically more likely to have a crash. if i am then so is everyone else as that same guy is driving out there today and could hit anyone of us. And i am going to still insure my car but just a bit annoyed i will be paying a little more.

You were involved in an accident. I wasn't.

You are more likely to have an accident than me.

Maybe the insurance person should go to peoples houses and interview them, check the area out and then value your insurance. Going by this thread i'd say that wouldn't be a good thing for you.

You were involved in an accident. I wasn't.

You are more likely to have an accident than me.

So you would be over the moon if you had to pay 400 pounds because some kids crashed into you?

Maybe the insurance person should go to peoples houses and interview them, check the area out and then value your insurance. Going by this thread i'd say that wouldn't be a good thing for you.

Maybe not that over the top, but a bit less computer and stat generated would be nice. like a few more catagories for people to fit into

Fan boy? I haven't had a Clio for 5 years.

Ah so you just mistook this website for a Rover Metro forum?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I was looking for www.rustrepairs.co.uk/fixorrepairdaily.

You have had the advice, I'd you don't want to listen don't post.

Its based on statistics as that is the fairest way to do it. You have had a crash before, so are more likely to have another one. Wether you like it or not really.

Oh and lol at not declaring the crash and then being found out.

All the best in your search.

Status
Not open for further replies.