ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS problem?

Renault Clio 1.2 03
Hello, I have recently had a problem with my ABS, it was kicking in when I was slowing down and juddering all the time. I wasn't sure what the problem was, however I was changing the ball joints on my car the other day when I seen that one of the ABS rings had cracked and I pulled it off, it is now not on the wheel and ever since my car has been driving fine. The abs does not kick in at all, however the abs light is still on the dashboard. I have my MOT in September, is it easy enough to order new abs rings and fit them myself or shall I disconnect the abs before the mot so yeah it passes? How easy is it to put the abs rings in.

I have a Renault Clio 1.2 (2003) if that helps.

Thanks,
Liam

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Disconnecting the ABS will cause the warning light to come on. I'd try and get prices for an exchange driveshaft and a ring, if there isn't much difference I'd just replace the driveshaft.