ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS Problem....... new driveshaft?????

E36 M3. 182
Hi all, took my car out for a spin the other day and my abs seemed to be kicking in all the time, took it to the local garage, who reckon it needs a new driveshaft! Can anyone shed any light on what the driveshaft has to do with the ABS system, and how much should i pay for a replacement. Cheers:)

Elise S1 B&C 140
check the ABS ring isnt full of crap, my CV boot split, filled the ring up and the sensor always thought the wheels were locking, new boot and a good clean it works fine.

Might be worth a look

BMW F31
my abs ring split in two, had to have a new ds.

one word of warning, dont get a pattern part, get a genuine renault ds, my local garage stuck a pattern part in there and i get vibrations now at 5k :(

BMW M135i
On some cars they stick ABS "rings" on the shafts but i dont think they do on yours

Yes the ABS rings are stuck onto the hub end of the driveshaft.

You can get new abs rings from renault I think. Mucho cheaper than a new shaft.

Lots of Alfas
Yeah ask renault and see what they come up with. The rings just tap on the shafts. When the clios came out at first you couldnt buy the rings but now they have released some so you can buy seperatly. Especially since some of them have been found to split/crack. Heres an example, that may fit, but iirc this was one for the rear discs.

DSCF0003%20(Small).jpg