ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

abs or not!!

i know its boring as hell but could someone please help me. i just snapped my handbreak cable and the guy at motasave asked if i have abs. i said i didnt know. is there any way of knowing if i have it without taking off the wheels? its a 1995 phase 2 16v.

does anyone know if its an easy job fitting a new cable?

cheers

iain

Trophy

pop the bonnet and have a look just under the ignition coil, if you see a bosch computer then you have ABS.

Mat.

2 ways of checking :-

1. pop your bonnet and look for a small square box with ABS written on it.. its located next to your cars battery, just up from your air box on the left (if your facing the car from the front)

2. jack your car up, remove a wheel and check for an ABS sensor plug, just behind your brake disc... (not sure if you will be able to see if you just turn your wheel slightly, may save you from removing the wheel)

Or just find an empty road and cane it, then jump on the brakes!!! :devilish: lmao, easy to test on ice.......unless of course ur ABS is broken :confused:

Or just be sensible and listen to the boys who know what their onna bout. lol. :cool:

Cheers for your help lads. just looked under the bonnet. couldnt see anything so im just gonna take it for a little spin;) and c how quickly it stops!!

oh yeah anyone got any ideas on how easy it is to sort out the snapped handbrake cable?

Cheers

Iain