ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS light coming on when stationary

Clio 182, V8 Landy
So I've had ABS judder at low speed in the 182 pretty much since I've had it. Thought it'd be the usual suspect of dodgy rings - nope all OK. Rears look new too.

Had a fault code of brake switch, so I put a new one in yesterday. However it still exists.

Today after work I started the car and thought I'd try holding my foot on the brake before I even go anywhere - low and behold it comes on.

Is this likely to be the whole ABS module? Or is there a pressure switch somewhere?

Thoughts welcomed. Cheers!

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Is the judder still there since changing the rings?

If it's only the light that comes on with the brakes, could it be an earthing issue? UCH? Do you have access to a ramp where you can take all the wheels off and then test wiring to each sensor to see if it isolates the fault to one corner?

Clio 182, V8 Landy
Front rings are a bit rusty but I've cleaned them up best I can without getting a grinder in there to do them more. Rears look new, changed before my ownership.

Potential earth problem I guess. Yes have ramp access, I could check continuity across each wheel sensor. Don't they just put out a voltage though?

What's UCH?

I think it's a fault with the pedal end, as I said I hadn't even moved anywhere, pressed the pedal and after a couple of seconds of holding it down the light came on.

Clio 182, V8 Landy
Front rings are a bit rusty but I've cleaned them up best I can without getting a grinder in there to do them more. Rears look new, changed before my ownership.

Potential earth problem I guess. Yes have ramp access, I could check continuity across each wheel sensor. Don't they just put out a voltage though?

What's UCH?

I think it's a fault with the pedal end, as I said I hadn't even moved anywhere, pressed the pedal and after a couple of seconds of holding it down the light came on.

Clio 182, V8 Landy
So I adjusted the brake light switch yesterday and it's sorted this now.

ABS rings will need replacing in the near future though, or a better clean up than what I gave them last time.