ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS light at high speeds

Hi all,

right, the abs light keeps coming on when at high speeds (circa 90 odd jelly beans). car is an 03 1.2 16v. goes away again if turned off then on again.

works fine when it hasn't set itself off. only thing i can think of is the front tyres are nearly spent and the rears are almost spankers.

could the minimal diameter difference send the abs abit nuts at high speed?

any suggestions welcome!

cheers guys!

Toyota MR2
doubt it. My abs unit is totally Kaput! the abs light, handbrake light, stop and service light are all stuck on. Could be the sign of a developing problem with one of the sensors or something. just hope it doesn't end up like mine. NOT CHEAP TO FIX!

okay, drivers front ring has a crack in it and can be moved on the shaft by hand!

so can you buy new ones and fit or do i need a new shaft?

cheers

Monaco 172 (02)
I took a long tight bend the other day and the STOP and handbrake light came on 1/2 way round and then went off when I straightend up.... any ideas?!

i had same problem the other day. i had to buy a new shaft. Not sure if my leg was being pulled or not

okay just done a quick search an the part no. 77 00 867 344 appear so be for abs rings.

can someone confirm this is the 44 tooth version as my 1.2 doesn't appear to have the 26 tooth rings.

cheers