ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS follow up

2nd Black 1.2
after finding the problem that my abs ring was split, bought a genuine renault abs ring, only thing is.. anyone know how to fit it? not really up for paying £100 for labour in a garage cause im wanting some coilovers ;)
anyone know how to fit them? and the difficulty? :/

d19wood

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 T , Megane
Not sure if this is the correct way but if it's a rear one I bought a cheepo gas torch from B&Q put the disk on flat surface ABS ring side up, held the new ring with a pair of insulated pliers and put a good bit of heat into it to make it expand. Then just put it on level and made sure it was seated at the base with a couple of chaps round the circumference while it was still hot so it wouldn't crack. Somebody will probably say that's wrong but my ABS rings are on their 3rd set of discs now with no cracks and the haven't fallen off.

Last edited:
  Lionel Richie
hub nut off, 2 x 18mm ball joint bolts off and pull the hub away and yank the end of the driveshaft out, tap tap tap done