ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

abs , esp , serv lights after gearbox cahange

AB Clio 182 FF
hi all i recently fitted a new gearbox , i now have abs , esp and serv lights , any ideas what this could be ? it was not on before this , thanks

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
On straight away or after you've started moving?

Sounds like you've knocked a wheel speed sensor or reluctor ring

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Did you unplug them at all or damage one when removing the gearbox?

AB Clio 182 FF
Did you unplug them at all or damage one when removing the gearbox?

i unplugged both sides mate and completey removed both front struts with brakes and that still attached , wrapped up the driveshafts and put them out the way

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Check the connections in the arch areas then matey. You may have got one not plugged in properly

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
The ABS system is self adapting so if a problem is declared "present" at startup the lights will remain on until the system detects it has been resolved.

I am assuming you've taken it for a drive and the lights still remain on?

AB Clio 182 FF
The ABS system is self adapting so if a problem is declared "present" at startup the lights will remain on until the system detects it has been resolved.

I am assuming you've taken it for a drive and the lights still remain on?

you would assume right haha , yeah after doing gearbox took it up the road , came back checked connections and went another quick drive , would 2 mins up the road and back be long enough ?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Anything over 10mph would've been enough tbh so you've got a current problem.

You've deffo not done something silly like force a connector in back-to-front?

AB Clio 182 FF
Anything over 10mph would've been enough tbh so you've got a current problem.

You've deffo not done something silly like force a connector in back-to-front?

i dont think so mate , but will double check when i can , iirc , one of the teeth was slightly damaged on one of the abs rings when i originally fitted it (2nd hand driveshaft) this was about 6-12 months ago , but it worked fine before the gearbox change ! anything on the gearbox that maybe i have not plugged back in etc ?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
A damaged reluctor ring wouldn't cause the light to come on and stay on at ignition... in that instance it would more than likely only illuminate when the wheel was rotating and the generated waveform was deemed faulty. This is more like a incoherence issue due to a faulty sensor/sensor connection.

I'm afraid you really need to plug it in now Ross.

Mick