ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABs /ESP lights

Ean

Clio RS200
Hey guys, I’ve just recently put new discs and pads all round on my Clio. After the first drive the abs/esp/service light and stop light come on after about 3/4 mins. I’ve had it plugged in at work on a snap on machine which says it was a rear Abs sensor! After a costly visit to get a Renault part this still hasn’t fixed the issue. I’m at a bit of a loss. Can anyone give me any hints or has had this before.
Fluid level is fine, the rings were the same on the discs that I took off, and it was just a drier than replacement

Cheers guys

Ean

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Did you make sure the special spacer washer went back on between the stub axle and wheel bearing/disc assembly

2E536D29-D0E6-4B21-AB9A-31AD8E26530A.jpeg

If you've fitted the rear spacer correctly check the ABS connectors making sure you haven't pulled one, also check the connector by the passenger A-frame underneath the car. If still no joy check the rear rings are seated properly and give the sensors a spray with contact cleaner. Also did you get the Renault OE part or a blueprint from the likes of ECP as most of these don't work.

Ean

Clio RS200
If you've fitted the rear spacer correctly check the ABS connectors making sure you haven't pulled one, also check the connector by the passenger A-frame underneath the car. If still no joy check the rear rings are seated properly and give the sensors a spray with contact cleaner. Also did you get the Renault OE part or a blueprint from the likes of ECP as most of these don't work.
They were MTEC discs, grooved on the rear, grooved and drilled on the front.
Looked exactly the same as what was taken off.
Thanks for your help

Ean

They were MTEC discs, grooved on the rear, grooved and drilled on the front.
Looked exactly the same as what was taken off.
Thanks for your help

Ean
So the rear spacers where refitted from the old discs as MTEC don't supply these with their rear discs last time I purchased a set. Oh and I meant blueprint rear ABS sensors not discs don't work :smile:

Ean

Clio RS200
Yes the old spacers from old discs, however I did buy the discs and bearings from them.
I’ve just bought a new Renault ABS sensor. 129

Yes the old spacers from old discs, however I did buy the discs and bearings from them.
I’ve just bought a new Renault ABS sensor. 129
Strange one then, only thing I can think as Bash mentioned above is maybe the spacer went on the wrong way around but I've done this before and it just crunched when tightening it back up and shattered the ring. And just to add those snap-on diagnostic readers aren't very good on the older Renaults, if you cant get to the bottom of it find someone local with Renault CLIP tool to plug it in for you and see what it comes up with. I ended up changing the NSR sensor at a cost of £129 based on snap-on data and it turned out to be the bloody ABS pump, lol.

Ean

Clio RS200
Strange one then, only thing I can think as Bash mentioned above is maybe the spacer went on the wrong way around but I've done this before and it just crunched when tightening it back up and shattered the ring. And just to add those snap-on diagnostic readers aren't very good on the older Renaults, if you cant get to the bottom of it find someone local with Renault CLIP tool to plug it in for you and see what it comes up with. I ended up changing the NSR sensor at a cost of £129 based on snap-on data and it turned out to be the bloody ABS pump, lol.
It is odd!! Thanks for your help. Yes made me cough when I bought it.
Hope it’s not the pump!!

Appreciate your help.

Ean

Ean

Clio RS200
So after putting the old girl on the clip machine. The codes for df076 steering wheel angle sensor came up. This was deleted. And DF063 wheel speed coherence came up.
Now could this be to do with a change of springs?? And is there a fix for it.

Any help now is greatly appreciated, starting to get a bit frustrated.

Cheers.

Attachments

• DE74446A-266B-4B9F-9F0C-27D180416522.jpeg
    DE74446A-266B-4B9F-9F0C-27D180416522.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 161
  • BD2C7C21-8C21-46ED-AD3B-A0C184A61056.jpeg
    BD2C7C21-8C21-46ED-AD3B-A0C184A61056.jpeg
    643.8 KB · Views: 241

Ean

Clio RS200
Would you think not using a Renault part would do that?

On the machine the readings showed
The fronts at 62km/h
Both rears at 71km/h

So there is a difference of 6-7km/h. I bought both front and rear pads and discs from MTECH!! You would think that they should be able to match. The only thing I can do is change the rears back to standard Renault ones see if that works??

Would you think not using a Renault part would do that?

On the machine the readings showed
The fronts at 62km/h
Both rears at 71km/h

So there is a difference of 6-7km/h. I bought both front and rear pads and discs from MTECH!! You would think that they should be able to match. The only thing I can do is change the rears back to standard Renault ones see if that works??
I've used front discs from MTECH without issue but it seems exactly the same issue as the article mate which is the rears, so yeah change them back and see if it disappears, I'm guessing it will.

Ean

Clio RS200
Thanks for your help. Just off to Renault for them to lighten my wallet by £140!!!! Let you know how I get on. Thanks guys

Ean

Clio RS200
Was quoted £162 for both rear discs. Supply only from Renault. Beat them down a bit.
I need these lights to stay off!! Going back to basics.

Ean

Clio RS200
Sorry for not updating. Have the rear in bits for the week as have taken the discs off so many times needed some new wagers as the old ones disintegrated.

Eventually put it back together on Wednesday. Cleared the codes and the lights have stayed off.
Unbelivable!! Don’t know if anyone else has had this issue with the rears??

Went back to MTech about the problem, got the usual response.... “they have never had the issue before and to send them an engineers report that says the discs were incorrect!!”

Don’t always believe what you are told!! Learnt my lesson.

Thanks for everyone’s help. Much appreciated

Clio 182
Interesting, glad you’ve got it sorted!

I’ve just replaced discs and pads front and back with brembos new abs rings ect but am still getting the light..

Ean

Clio RS200
If you’ve got the old ones put them back on and try them. I wish I had kept mine. Binned them so had to buy new.
Bought a new ABS sensor as well. Plus the hours of waisted time swapping discs road tests and plug ins. It got very frustrating.

The guys on here were great, the posts above, especially the link to the measurement of the rings was ace!!

Hope you can get it sorted.