ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS / ESP light on

Clio 172
Hi, I have similar the ABS/ESP light on problem but it is a little bit different. (My car is 172 non cup).

When temperature is low (below 20 degree/winter), the ABS/ESP lights are not on, however, when temperature is getting high (In summer), the ABS/ESP light is on after few minutes after I start the engine then it will always be on until I leave it for few hours to cool down.

I have tried to connect to laptop to see the fault code, it shows the ABS pump problem, so I plan to find an used on to replace it. The part number of the ABS pump on my car is 8200 082 806 (w/ ESP). My question is can I use another part (P/N: 8200 270 251 w/ ESP also).

Does anyone know the difference between these ABS actuators? there are some ABS pumps with different part numbers on ebay and those fit 172/182. Are those compatible for my car? Please help, thank you.

Clio 197
Hello all, I've just changed the rear disc and pads in my 197 and i now have the ABS, ESP and service light on. Does anyone know what the fault might be and how to fix it?

monaco 172
Hello all, I've just changed the rear disc and pads in my 197 and i now have the ABS, ESP and service light on. Does anyone know what the fault might be and how to fix it?
Reset the brake light switch.

Mine did the same after new disks and pads because the brakes were working before the lights come on

Clio 197
Reset the brake light switch.

Mine did the same after new disks and pads because the brakes were working before the lights come on

Thanks for replying, unfortunately this did not work.
Anyone got any other ideas? Got my MOT at the end of the month. Would I need to cancel the alarms (ABS + ESP) once they've come up or if all was ok should the alarms clear by themselves?

monaco 172
Thanks for replying, unfortunately this did not work.
Anyone got any other ideas? Got my MOT at the end of the month. Would I need to cancel the alarms (ABS + ESP) once they've come up or if all was ok should the alarms clear by themselves?
Clears by itself

Does the brake lights defiantly come 9n as soon as you touch the pedal now?

Also not sure if 197 rear disks are like 172 ones but make sure the disks you bought have the correct ABS rings on them.

Are the lights on from standstill or do they only come on when you start driving?

Clio 197
Clears by itself

Does the brake lights defiantly come 9n as soon as you touch the pedal now?

Also not sure if 197 rear disks are like 172 ones but make sure the disks you bought have the correct ABS rings on them.

Are the lights on from standstill or do they only come on when you start driving?

Warning Lights are on from standstill.
The rear disc's have the abs ring built in and were the correct ones that I brought.

The brake lights come on after a short press of the pedal. I do have an initial long travel on the brake pedal but then it stiffens up after a pump or too.

monaco 172
Warning Lights are on from standstill.
The rear disc's have the abs ring built in and were the correct ones that I brought.

The brake lights come on after a short press of the pedal. I do have an initial long travel on the brake pedal but then it stiffens up after a pump or too.
Check you haven't disturbed one of the connections for the abs sensors.

Clio 197
Check you haven't disturbed one of the connections for the abs sensors.

I have taken them out and cleaned them on the advice from another thread but still no change in the lights. Guess I've gotta bite the bullet and get it on a diagnosis machine.

monaco 172
I have taken them out and cleaned them on the advice from another thread but still no change in the lights. Guess I've gotta bite the bullet and get it on a diagnosis machine.
I wonder if you have managed to damage a sensor somehow.

Seems too much of a coincidence to happen straight after changing the disks.

Got an oscilloscope to check the sensors are working when you spin the wheel?

Clio 197
I wonder if you have managed to damage a sensor somehow.

Seems too much of a coincidence to happen straight after changing the disks.

Got an oscilloscope to check the sensors are working when you spin the wheel?

Yeah perhaps I have.

No I've not got that machine. My bro in law has a diagnosis machine so see what that throws up.
Cheers for the advice

Clio 182
So I have all three lights on.. they have come on as a result of removing the steering wheel completely, then replacing it (the same wheel). Heard this could be position sensor surely it's just a loose connection when putting the wheel back on? It can't be a coincidence?