ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

abs electrical fault

Renault Clio 1.2L 16
Hey guys I know hardly anything about cars... Thought I'd come here I own a 2003 Clio 1.2 16v dynamique ...

And recently I had abs dash light on
Plugged it to a putter and it told me is my driver side sensor... That reading cost me money already :(

Now budget run out..

I've bought a second hand sensor and the light is still on... Some one told me to test the sensor manually..

So here I am asking for help... How do I diagnose a faulty sensor to condom that is gone (with out spending money)
Some one said put a multi meter on it... Which is great but what do I do with it ? Lol I know nothing about cars ... :D

Thanks

Rs200t lux
Put a meter on ohms scale and measure over the wires while passing a lump of steel past the sensor , you should get a reading as the metal goes past the sensor

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
The problem with this is that all you are doing is confirming the sensors function which, as you already suspect, may not be the actual problem. Really, you need help and equipment to fix this... you need to test the wiring loom itself from the sensor back to the module.

Mick