ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS & BIG Brakes

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Will having 4 pot calipers mean i can get rid off my useless ABS?

I know that theyd still work if left as normal but i really wanna get rid cause it is MUCH more of a hinderance than a benefit plus i drive safely in the wet anyway. What about master cylinders and driveshafts? :confused:

Experts needed! Cheers.

um, if you dont want ABS then take the fuse for it out.

Simple as that, it wont affect anything, but eh ABS light will come on, but who cares, you not using it.

dont worry about drive shafts and master cylinders, jsut take the fuse out.

Erm tried that with my car... there is a fuse inside the car by the passenger door took that out and it still bloody worked without any light :confused:

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

So it doesnt work for the new Clio owners like Steve.

R u sure thatll not do any damage or effect braking Ben?

Any1 every done it to thier Mk1?

Cheers

should be pretty simple mate, the guy who said the ABS still worked and the light didnt come out...are you sure you took the right fuse out? If you take the fuse out it will dis-able ABS without any drawbacks

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Well maybe pedal cable is affected by application going through ABS computer or summat silly like that.

Ill try it soon anyway and cross my fingers. Thanx for the help. ;)

um, if ther is no power supply to the ABS pump, it wont work, simple.....u sure its the right fuse?

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

The conventional braking system will work perfectly OK without ABS. Just pull out THE correct fuse.

However, there is something else to consider. The MOT!

If a vehicle is equipped with ABS and it is not working or the warning light is on, then I am afraid it WILL fail.

Hope that helps.

Bob RTE

Ok then.... someone with a 1.2 16v.... new facelift model... try disabiling your ABS and let me know how u get on.,......

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

HA, HA! Its always worth a try Ben. ;)

Ive just thought im gonna put my ABS fuse on a toggle switch on my dash. Then i can turn it off for dry days and quick braking, and put it back on for every day use. Im sure this will work. Lovely. :D