ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

..about to replace my battery.. should I be aware of anything before/during/after..?

Foz turbo S & a 172
hi all again.

..as mewntioned in previous thread, I'm to replace my battery at lunchtime.. Just wondering, is there anything before/during/after the switch over that I have to watch for/reset?

Last motor was an old Jag XJ and even LOOKING at the battery sent alarms off/radio codes out/ejecter seats out, everything..

cheers..

Longstaff

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Re: ..about to replace my battery.. should I be aware of anything before/during/after

Should be easy enough, disconnect it, unbolt it, remove it. Drop the new one in.

Does your stereo need any security codes at all? If so check you have it before you disconnect!

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Re: ..about to replace my battery.. should I be aware of anything before/during/after

Check to make sure you've got the radio code as Chris said.
As for for the actual battery change, remove the negative battery lead first and when fitting the new battery fit the negative battery lead last.

Foz turbo S & a 172

OK, cheers people. No code on radio.. I stuck it in when I bought the car.
Negative first both ways. Check.
cheers,
L

330i. E30 Touring.

Check to make sure you've got the radio code as Chris said.
As for for the actual battery change, remove the negative battery lead first and when fitting the new battery fit the negative battery lead last.

Doesn't really make any odds tbh.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate

OK, cheers people. No code on radio.. I stuck it in when I bought the car.
Negative first both ways. Check.
cheers,
L
No. Negative first when removing, positive first when refitting.

It does make a difference Budgie as it prevents you shorting the battery if you touch a spanner from positive to the vehicle.

Foz turbo S & a 172

..K, cheers. Black is first off and last on..

L

Mk4 Mondeo Estate

If people are asking how to change a battery, I think it's best to give the safest option.