ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

About to pay £350 to get cuttin out problem fixed any advice before i do ?

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
So i have a 2002 renault clio expression
lately it has started to cut out mainly when idling or when i press the clutch in
a orange warning lights with comes on the electric one im told ( a box with a zig zag through it and a coil iunderneath) comes on and the revs either die completely or bounce off the bottom. I took my car to renault and had the test done and they said it returned no errors but it was likely to be caused by exposed wires on the loom. has anybody else had this problem if so any ideas what it could be thanks tom

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Mate if your in Brum take it to fred @ BTM. Top man

Mondeo TDCI 130
What are they doing for £350? used to have it a lot, just used to insulate / repair the wires and they were fine!

ValverInBits
I don't buy the exposed wires thing at all.

Sounds much more like a sensor has gone somewhere and it's not been picked up properly. You'll need to have a play with a few things to work it out.

Could possibly be a MAP sensor fault?

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
hi everyone thanks for response for £350 they are going to replace the whole loom, but the man at renault says this may not cure it. Its a bit of a wierd problems as it only happens now and again but now its got to the point where it does it about 3 times in everyjourney. as of yet i have had the throttle body cleaned. I am in brum and ill have a look for Fred at BTM thankyou

www.renparts.co.uk
The exposed wire problem is common, its the pointless metal box on the back of the engine that chafes through the loom that passes under it, other problems include throttle bodies on those and petentiometers.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
the early d4f engines have a common problem with looms and throttle bodies, done loads, actualy did a loom a few days ago.

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
I did forget to mention i had the loom repaired about 3 months back for the same sort of problem but then i losted power too is there any where that will do the job for cheaper i have rang fred but he is unable to look at it unti next week where i need the car for college

Evo 8 MR
Could do it yourself couldn't you Tom?

Just stick your head down the back of the engine and look for any suspect wires, can't be that difficult on a 1.2.

Mk5 golf gti
i had this problem on my old 172.everytime held in the clutch when coming to junction it died then would bump witout me knowin.cos didnt notice it dieng.i sold it in the end.i kno it wasnt the loom tho.someone had mentioned a dodgy sensor or manifold or summet.couldnt say tbh.but theres no way id let renault shaft you.take it to on of the guys ppl suggest on here

Megane dci 130
Its not just the wires that chafe, the loom also collects water and rots the wires a good un. Terrable engine imo.

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
UPDATE -
Had car back from Renault Hence why I havent replied earlier
they have done a brillant job drove the car for few days now and not had any problem
they replaced the loom and even gave the throttle body a clean
and cleaned the car Brillant Job Renault !