ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A productive day - CS well worth it

sidey

ClioSport Club Member
  cup'd arctic 182
Sorted a couple of problems today, best of all it was (almost) free!

First up new exhaust mounts hadn't sorted my milltek issue, they seem to sit too far right so the good old socket fix solved a rattle that was driving me mad.

Next got her up on stands to have a go at swapping over the lambda sensors as all the signs suggested the upstream one was fook'd; 30mpg seemed low, pulling away from cold has been really lumpy and a warning light the other day.
Though i'd read getting them out is a pig i had no issues, took a while to work out unplugging the front one.

lambda-1.jpg

Dirty much? Anyway, i'll see how it goes before shelling out for a new one.

Whipped the wheels and arch liners off to find the sill full of mud

gunk-1.jpg

Cleaned this out, hopefully it'll solve the soggy carpet under my seat.

Also put my old bosch wipers back on, didn't get on with tesco flat ones.

All in all thanks to CS and your guides, more than worth the membership fee.

Roll on the weekend, time to get her looking as she should

eye-1.jpg

if you do change the lambda please post in here, im averaging about 30-31mpg and it's very lumpy on start up, so if this fixes it i'll have to have a look at getting it changed!

sidey

ClioSport Club Member
  cup'd arctic 182
Didn't make it clear, i swapped over the (filfthy) upstream sensor with the downstream one. Immediately seemed to run better, less lumpy, more grunt. Not sure it'll affect the mpg knowing how heavy my right foot is but we'll see!