ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A Mini clubman ya gona like ;)

TrackCar & F30 330d
Here are a few pictures of my race teams support car. We deiced to make a car that we can all drive to the races so we dont have to all drive our own cars.
We started off with a green Mini Clumban cooper.
DSC01031.gif

We stripped it down ready to be painted in our OX4 Racing colours.
DSC01034.gif

Not many pics of stripping it down

Its now has:
Full respray
New red and black leather interiour
Coilovers
Wheel spacers
Cooper s exhaust
4 pot Brakes
DSC01037.gif

IMG_3533.jpg

IMG_3534.gif

IMG_3536.gif

IMG_3537.jpg

It still has the cr*p engine, but next week we will be dropping in a John Cooper Works engine in, so we'l have a different exhaust which will be decated and have the centre silencer taken out to make it sound a bit more fun.
I'l put some pictures of the car when we drop the new engine in.

What do you guys think?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
The ugliest and most pointless car on the planet!

Work looks good quality, but hideous overall!

TrackCar & F30 330d
Lol, i did think there would be some mixed views. Everything that was done on the car was free :) and gave us something to do over the xmas period.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
The ugliest and most pointless car on the planet!

Work looks good quality, but hideous overall!

+1 million

Why a Club man? Why not something err i don't know..... good?

TrackCar & F30 330d
No the green clubman was an engineering car, So it was made and people did loads of tests to find rattles and stuff. When they finished the car gets crushed. But we said we'l have it and make it to somthing cool(ish) So we gave it to paint shop and we told them to paint it like it looks
I work for BMW too, where we make the Mini.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Its not that bad... I think lose the chrome and get the wheels done in black.

We are going to do that too. We just didnt have enough time to do the chrome stuff intime for going to Castle Combe, as we took it along to see what people thought

Never above 25mpg
Nice! I think Im the only person on the forum who likes the Beemer Clubman! Red is gash though..!

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
I love it. Real Cool that you managed to get a test car. I wish I could get one..Hint Hint!!
Knock-off Prices.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Lol it does look better in the flesh.
Its actually going to be used as the pace car for all the Mini Challenge races this season.

Tangoed Works
does look good although a bit hearse esq imo. hats off to you doing it, and i think stickered up will look awesome.

B

Brown.

Who on earth did you think would like this ? more so if this is a 'Sarcasm thread' .... shame on you lol......mind you if it was all black it would look so much nicer

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Nice work and i like the front end.Could of had a mint 3 series though,and made that mint.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Nice work and i like the front end.Could of had a mint 3 series though,and made that mint.

Unfortunatly we only make the BMW mini's.
We allready have 2 supercharged JCW hatchback race cars. In the next 2 1/2 monthes we'l be making a New (R56) turbocharged race car to race in the Sport Max Cup. I think more people will like that one.

Well for the people that care, the 210bhp JCW engine is gona get put in at the weekend, i think. Hopefully the wheels will be back from paint. I recon once we have our team logo (Maybe the sponsors) on the car and have everything finished then it will look better.

:rasp:

BMW 320d M-Sport
Looks alright, reminds me of that dodgy Saab convertible's someone's brother was going to buy that got posted on here the other day....*queue somebody finding the thread for me*

TrackCar & F30 330d
The car was made and it was used to do tests on like driving it up and down the test track to find rattles. After test cars have had all the tests done they are crushed as we cant sell them (legal reasons or sumthing)
We have 5 JCW engines so over chrismas we decided to make it as everything is free. Engine, paint, interiour, brakes (we allready had the coilovers)

The race team is renaming its self to OX4 Racing so we have made the car for advertising and also for 4 or 5 lads to drive it to the races this season instead of using our cars and putting miles on them.

We could have painted it any colour but our Logo matches the car.

When the car gets finished i'l upload some more pics :)

Astra SRI CDTI,Hornet FA8
So you're getting the wheels done black then? I think once the stickers are on and the chrome is removed it'll look mint.

Ive driven a Clubman C-S and loved it! Torquesteered all over the place though, but speed, handling/ride, brakes and especially steering were bloody good. It actually rattled more than my 182 lol.

my mums got one of these, tried persuading her to get someting else, but she had the first shaped bmw cooper now the clubman (and an old mayfair for first car) so wanted a clubman, interior is quite nice but i still think it's an ugly car, hers is cream with black roof and stipes on the bonnet. quick car considering the size of it, but my dad refuses to drive it and i can't get insured on it(even if i wanted, which i don't lol)