ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

a little help...

Leon FR ST
right am going to get 15" alloys with an et of 42 so if i get 5mm spacers that would take the et to 38 which is the correct size for the mk2 clo?

Leon FR ST
right,got the alloys just wondering how many spacers i need? ie for the front and back,or just the back?
one last question, will i need longer bolts or will the standard ones do the job?
cheers

Renault Clio Mk2 Ph1 1.2
Dude i said in the other posts you dont need spacers...just put the wheels on lol

Clio Sport 1.4 16v
You shouldn't need longer bolts with only a 5mm spacer mate but just check to see how many turns your getting. If its three at least then they should be fine.

Honestly though mate I wouldnt touch spacers. It weakens the strength of the wheels because your moving them off the hub. I work at Carnoisseur and I see so many disasters due to spacers. Id stay well clear. But its your decision.

Daz

Da

Less
I run ET45 and I only put spacers on the rears because of minor archliner rubbing :)

Da

Less
No, you need the wheel bolts with collars on as the standard steelie ones will slowly damage the alloy and potentially pull through the metal.

Leon FR ST
am on europerformace.co.uk and they have four different types of bolt to choose from so what ones do i need?

Leon FR ST
cheers, by any chace do you know what size the standard bolt size is?
also do you recomend just to get some spacers for the back wheels and leave the front one as they are?

Da

Less
I did yes, I wouldn't have bothered with spacers had it not been for the small amount of rubbing. As for the length, got no idea sorry.

Leon FR ST
looks like i will be taking one of the car and measuring it lol.
so in short,dont bother with spacers unless theres some rubbing?
cheers

Da

Less
I wouldn't bother no, what tyres you having on the alloys? My 195's didn't rub but the 205's did.

Leon FR ST
ive got 195's on them.
just been out to try and take a bolt of and it wouldnt budge, who ever put the tyres on before me has well over tightened them- the joys!!