ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A hint of orange

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Pictures took on phone so not best quality
Car been in garage for a year so been tinkering - nothing too drastic just a tinkering. Just gave it it's first wash since it's been off the road.

Photo0041.jpg

Should have had lights fitted with black inserts but seller couldn't be aRs3d to send them so got money back on that one

Photo0042.jpg

Inside still untidy but new steering wheel from a V6 with black insert and dash inserts quite like the effect inside

Photo0043.jpg

A debadged rear until it's been PC'd awaiting new style RS badge

Photo0046.jpg

Door bullets still require touching up and laquering

there is something orange in each picture above

Still to do:

New custom made exhaust from AAS booked in for July
Refit Pro race 1.2 wheels
rebadge rear boot
Cliosport sticker
Fit door bullets
Refit V6 spoiler or maybe the cup one (still undecided)

Last years look............
IMAG0015.jpg

and a tester look - no one liked this, looked better in the flesh though
IMAG0006.jpg

IMAG0007.jpg

Last edited:
  Tangoed Works
looks wicked fella, loving the orange theme. was going to do the same to my clio until it got stuffed up the rear

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
in the garage for a YEAR?!?!?!?

I kinda like it, subtle enough to be nice.

Ok it's not the car that's not allowed on the road still got a couple of months to go can't wait to put it all together and just drive...

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
should look mint mate, by any chance f you dont wanna fit the v6 spoiler can i buy it off you or if you fit it can i buy the cup one of you!? been looking for on of the two for ages

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
What spoiler was on it before?

It did have the V6 spoiler on, took it off whilst car was off the road so the car is almost original at the minute still a few bits to do before it or should i say I'm allowed back on the road.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
should look mint mate, by any chance f you dont wanna fit the v6 spoiler can i buy it off you or if you fit it can i buy the cup one of you!? been looking for on of the two for ages

already had a pm on the V6 spoiler - sorry not selling at the minute.

Nimbus 197
Ok it's not the car that's not allowed on the road still got a couple of months to go can't wait to put it all together and just drive...

so do we ask how bad and what for? I cannot think what I would do if I was off the road for that long (think the longest I have done was 2 weeks on my honeymoon)

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
so do we ask how bad and what for? I cannot think what I would do if I was off the road for that long (think the longest I have done was 2 weeks on my honeymoon)

Just be careful what you drink as two pints could see you well over the limit even a couple of hours after you last had a drink It's not big and it's not clever and most definately not worth it.
Biggest regret of my life todate.

Oh and on a lighter note public transport sucks - and it's frustrating seeing other clios pass you by knowing if only.............

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
looks ok, dont think I've ever seen a black gold on a '05 plate

Plenty around up here, I did originally try to buy the demonstrator with cup packs but they were using that for another two months when I ordered mine

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
i liked it better before

The black wheels are going back on it after it's been serviced and MOT'd and still got the black rear lights as i like them even though the 'majority' on here don't.

The only difference to this years look from last years will be updated bullets and the rear lights and maybe a cup spoiler

Last edited:

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Really nice touches mate :)
What paint did you use on the calipers?

Some Focus Electric orange (nothing electric about it just bright) High temperature paint off ebay a year ago when I first did them comes with the paint, a brush and brake cleaner spray.

Halfords didn't do orange just the standard red silver or blue even though the box does show the colour in the choices.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Looks better behind black wheels though, and best done with the calipers off to get the paint where it needs to be and not look like some bits were missed. Two coats worked a treat and still got half a tin left to re-touch / freshen next year if needed :D