ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A gutless valver .........

recently drove a friends 1.8 16v which is on a n reg only done 65,000 miles and it felt a tag gutless :eek:
it has a fat pipercross air filter on it and a whole in the exhaust , could this explain why the engine felt constipated .............
im not sure but arnt pipercross crap and the size of the aifilter is huge , surly it sucking in more hot air than cold ............

any help guys

cheers

Not a Clio
you wouldn't really notice the negative impact of an open IK. I had an open piperx on my valver and it still pulled very well.

ViolentJ said:
you wouldn't really notice the negative impact of an open IK. I had an open piperx on my valver and it still pulled very well.

I did on my Williams - 4th gear, midrange - absolutly shocking... like, it just felt like nothing was happening much apart from noise.