ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A ford KA destroyed my car :(

BMW E36 328
well i was coming out of asda last night, as i got to the main road i looked left looked right then looked left again, i pulled out into the road then bang, i was hit by a car that was driving with no lights on down a dark road, here are a few pics

Body damage

P1010213.jpg

P1010214.jpg

P1010215.jpg

I saw this today when i finally got the bonnet open, i dont know what it is but looks like something to do with the steering has snapped off

P1010212.jpg

what is that think that has snapped off? it should be bolted to the subframe

BMW E36 328
yeh she stopped, ive got her insurance details, im just so gutted, the car was coming along so well

Golf GT TDI
oh no! i f**king hate ford ka`s i drive one daily and hate it.

did the tit stop?

EDIT: what did they say? i would have gone mental

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
^ it came off my 1.2 16v ;) im going up to NW Performance on Tuesday if you want i can meet you after i have been there,

BMW E36 328
im in work mate, and atm i dont have anhy transport, how much would it cost for postage do you know?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Ok, since NW performance isnt far from Warrington il drop it off for you but it will be a quick stop to drop it off as i will need to travel back home,

Or you could pay for it to get deliverd via courier up you tbh

BMW E36 328
oh no! i f**king hate ford ka`s i drive one daily and hate it.

did the tit stop?

EDIT: what did they say? i would have gone mental

she just said that she was sorry, and that she was really shaken up, the annoying thing is there isnt to much damage to her car she drove it away fine, i didnt shout or anything as there is nothing i could have done at that point, i could have cried tho i really could

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Not sure fella, best if you could go under and investigate as it could be anything broken wishbones etc etc,

Golf GTD Mk7
you not just going to get it repaired through the insurance? if you're going to claim you may as well make the most of it as the premium will change either way.

Sorry James, not trying to piss on the sale though :)

BMW E36 328
you not just going to get it repaired through the insurance? if you're going to claim you may as well make the most of it as the premium will change either way.

Sorry James, not trying to piss on the sale though :)

yeh i know ive range them and told em whats happened and they are going to contact me later on they said, can i take it to any garage? Thing is im only on thrid party fire and theft, but surley i can claim off her? as she wasnt driving legal anyway? who drives with no lights on in the dark

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Pointless buying parts if you're using her insurance. Especially used parts.

The bad news is, that if the rack's damaged, there could be more underneath.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
That'll go down as your fault unless you can prove or she admits to driving without her lights on when it was not safe to do so. Even then, it's a tough one.

Could that be a write off too as your car isn't worth alot and I could see main dealer parts and labour being substantial.

BMW E36 328
That'll go down as your fault unless you can prove or she admits to driving without her lights on when it was not safe to do so. Even then, it's a tough one.

Could that be a write off too as your car isn't worth alot and I could see main dealer parts and labour being substantial.

Thats what im worried about, me being to blame the lady was quite nice so just need her to admit she was driving without lights to the insurance company, as to the write off im just gona have to wait and see mate, need to get it into the garage asap reli

BMW 323i Coupe
I wouldn't be surprised if someone tells her to not admit to that, so expect that. Wouldn't be surprised if they take the blame as 50/50. Unlucky mate.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, people say anything at the time... "Yeah sorry I know that was my fault blah blah" Then the insurance form comes through saying you just pulled out on them and they had their lights on. Lets hope it's an honest claim.

On a side note but similar issue I was following someone with all their rear lights out the other day. If you went into the back of someone like that it's obviously not your fault but a b*****d to prove. I honestly sometimes think of installing one of those devices which save and video all of your travelling to avoid instances like this going against you when it isn't your fault.

BMW 323i Coupe
Yeah, people say anything at the time... "Yeah sorry I know that was my fault blah blah" Then the insurance form comes through saying you just pulled out on them and they had their lights on. Lets hope it's an honest claim.

On a side note but similar issue I was following someone with all their rear lights out the other day. If you went into the back of someone like that it's obviously not your fault but a b*****d to prove. I honestly sometimes think of installing one of those devices which save and video all of your travelling to avoid instances like this going against you when it isn't your fault.

Like what they do in America? It's a bit of a b**ch when you're at fault then, especially if you were doing something else at the time of impact.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Like what they do in America? It's a bit of a b**ch when you're at fault then, especially if you were doing something else at the time of impact.

In America with those devices fitted your insurance is extremely cheap, as they can prove to some extent who's fault it was in an accident etc.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Gutted for you

Chances are she isn't going to admit she had her lights off now so I'd advise you (from experience with a few of my family) to fight it all the way. They will start mentioning court and this is where people usually give in but dont, tell them you will to go to court if you have to and thats when the other party usually admits the truth.

BMW E36 328
ive just had a look under the wind and there is quite alot of metal that has been bent must be what the arch liners and things bolt on to ill post some pics up in a bit