ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few pointers please :)

Clio 182FF
Greets,

I have been lurking for a while reading various detailing posts and I've recently started to take looking after my cars paint seriously and have been using Autoglm products up until now. I got one of those kits where you get a little of everything as a gift and have been fairly impressed with the results.

Now I want to take it to the next level. I think I am right in saying that super resin polish is a wax, polish and sealent all in one?

Is there any point in me buying separate wax, polishes and sealents or just continue using SRP?

I would like to start using clay too but am worried that I will wreck my paint with it and everytime i read the word 'cutting' it knocks my confidence so what is a good clay for beginners?

My last questions are whats the best way to get rid of white marks on plastics from poorly applied polish and also to prepare paint to have a sticker stuck over it?

Thanks.

Bus w**ker
SRP is a polish. You'd need to seal the paint after using it, CG Blitz is flavour of the month atm, and then wax on top to add protection.

As long as you use plenty of lube, take your time and a fine clay bar you shouldn't have any problems.

WD40 or, just for JD, peanut butter.

Brief answers as I'm just going out.

Clio 182FF
So, here's what I ordered...

DJBS500 Dodo Juice 'Born Slippy' Clay 1 £6.04 £6.04
Lube 500ml

SOSFXUFCB Sonus SFX Ultra-Fine 1 £16.48 £16.48
Detailing Clay (x2) inc Box

DJDW250 Dodo Juice 'Diamond White' 1 £27.78 £27.78
Carnauba Hard Wax

Are these any good? Went with a very fine clay to start.

Porsche Boxster987S
srp is a polish. Not bad if using by hand but dont expect swirls or scratches to disappear , youll need it machine polished if you want a correction. As said , if the car and clay bar are well lubed (born slippy) you should do any damage. Make sure you pass the one area around 10-15 times to make sure all contaminants haved been removed. I generally change the clay to a new clean surface after every panel but that just depends on how dirty that panel is.

After claying you may notice some ''marring'' on the paint. Dont worry about that , just re wash the car and then use your srp to polish. Polish a panel at a time and apply as thinly and evenly as possible. A skittle sized blob of srp will be enough for a front wing say. Buff off then move onto next panel etc. You will need a sealant of some sort and if using srp id reccomend using autoglym egp afterwards and then add a wax on top of that.

Just take your time , be patient and youll be fine:)

edit ; the products youve bought seem ok. I am a fan of dodo juice (hi jamie x)

Clio 182FF
srp is a polish. Not bad if using by hand but dont expect swirls or scratches to disappear , youll need it machine polished if you want a correction. As said , if the car and clay bar are well lubed (born slippy) you should do any damage. Make sure you pass the one area around 10-15 times to make sure all contaminants haved been removed. I generally change the clay to a new clean surface after every panel but that just depends on how dirty that panel is.

After claying you may notice some ''marring'' on the paint. Dont worry about that , just re wash the car and then use your srp to polish. Polish a panel at a time and apply as thinly and evenly as possible. A skittle sized blob of srp will be enough for a front wing say. Buff off then move onto next panel etc. You will need a sealant of some sort and if using srp id reccomend using autoglym egp afterwards and then add a wax on top of that.

Just take your time , be patient and youll be fine:)

edit ; the products youve bought seem ok. I am a fan of dodo juice (hi jamie x)

Cheers Paul, there's soooo many products on the market it's hard to know where to start. Thanks for the tips, going to print the guide and hopefully give it a good going over at the weekend. Will post some pics.