ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few pics taken last night of a mates WR1

LY 182 FF CUPPED
HIGHCONTRASYBW.jpg

enginebay.jpg

DUNGENESS2ENGINEBAY.jpg

DSCF792scopy.jpg

DSCF7903.jpg

BWpanview.jpg

DSCF7940.jpg

DSCF7937.jpg

DSCF7950.jpg

DSCF7923.jpg

DSCF7919.jpg

roywheel.jpg

and a pic showing how wide a 10mm will go....
DSCF7694-1.jpg

hope you like.

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
Car would look better with the doors open lol :slap: :banghead:

great pics mate would love some more of mine

LY 182 FF CUPPED
I get the rants about distortion.

This lense is 180 degree diagonal...non rectilinear so it is expected to bend like a banana,
Most circumstances I would go for a medium telephoto, in order to eliminate perspective distortion but this was the look my friend wanted.
.....In this such case he was the client...what the client wants the client gets!!!!

I think every lense has its place, as long as you know how to use each one to its best advantage....afterall it is all about experimenting and having fun....and its FREE.

Still stumped about my so called "dirty" sensor???.....I have 10 x 15 prints next to me and still can't spot what Clart is on about....anyone else see it in pic 9??

Here is a good bedtime read if you are bored, it might explain why your Oly 8mm differs to what I am using.
http://photo.net/learn/fisheye/

Last edited:
  SchwepTek™
^ Nope, just spent 10 minutes trying to find it!

Stunning shots mate. I'm still learning and would love a fisheye! :(

You reckon its worth getting a 50mm macro lens then?

Great shots, love the one of the rim.

Only thing id say is try to get a bit lower, Im sure someone (ukaskew I think) on here said that the whole roof shouldnt be in shot as it looks better..

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Revels...shooting vehicles is a whole new ball game to me and I will most definitely take on that little bit of advice.

Thanks.

The reason I like post on here is it is good to have you lot rip them to pieces first and to see how Non-pro Photographers see things ( trying not to sound patronising )
If I do stuff like this in the office...my boss just says "NICE AND SHARP".."GOOD COLOURS"

LY 182 FF CUPPED
It really is an AWESOME car...the power is so smooth...and plenty of it.
But the design and colour of the car is very understated for a Scooby.

Ferrari chaser

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Bloody good! For those of us that are clueless...What shutter speed and F number were you using...

LY 182 FF CUPPED
apart from the obvious engine bays and black & white not really.
I controlled the light with the flashgun.

Mk2 Golf GTI
Mint pics.

The only one i'd say the distortion looks out of place on is the night shot with the lighthouse

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Mint pics.

The only one i'd say the distortion looks out of place on is the night shot with the lighthouse

that is probably my worst shot of the night...rushed it me thinks.

Definateley one not making it into my Portfolio.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Stars?? what do you mean?

The engine bay is easy.

Take 2 pics on a Tripod, 1 with the bonnet raised and 1 with the bonnet closed.
Load both images into PS and move the 1 with the bonnet closed onto the 1 with the bonnet open ( ensure you hold the shift key when moving the image.)
Then apply a vector mask to the top image , select the brush tool ..making sure black is the foreground colour and just rub through what you want to show through from the bottom layer.

Very simple to do.