ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A fairly simple mpg question

Status
Not open for further replies.
  LY 182
I have had a search and quite surprised I can't find what I'm after.. How many miles on average are people getting to a tank on a 182? Found loads of mpg figures but I don't particularly enjoy maths and miles to a tank is a bit more of a practical figure imo. Mine struggles to get 240 miles on a completely brimmed tank, mixed driving mainly commuting,, just curious what the average is really?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Unless you're both draining the tank completely, comparing your figure to someone else is meaningless.

Mpg to mpg is much more useful to you

The inboard computer tells you your mpg and there are hundreds of websites that will work it out for you too.

There are also hundreds of mpg threads on here so I'd be amazed if this is still open at midday ;)

LY 182
I thought it was a bit low, I've had various 172's before this but this is the first one I've ever really paid any attention on, so nothing to compare to!
Another thing to investigate :(

LY 182
Unless you're both draining the tank completely, comparing your figure to someone else is meaningless.

Mpg to mpg is much more useful to you

The inboard computer tells you your mpg and there are hundreds of websites that will work it out for you too.

There are also hundreds of mpg threads on here so I'd be amazed if this is still open at midday ;)

There are hundreds of mpg threads, but as I stated in my post they didn't interest me.. So I pay my membership to get the answers I want :)

Seems quite accurate to me, always full it up when it gets to same point.. Admittedly there will be some variation but an average was all I'm after.. I know there's no way in hell I could get close to 300 miles from a tank, so my questions already answered!

Very rarely do I get over 300 miles from a tank. Normally taken down to when the red light comes on. I'm normally getting between 250-280 per tank. But I do more town driving then anything else.

LY 182
See I've never even seen 250.. Think I'll
Just order a lambda for what they cost.. Looked a bit grotty when I was last under it

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
There are loads of theres about how much people get to a tank too. This will be the fourth time on this forum i've said:

Full to bone dry: Just over 400 miles, usually 350, just over 300 if hooning it in my old 182. Might be worth replacing your lambda sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.