ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A detailing moan.

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy
A couple of months ago I thought I'd return a mates favour by "detailing" his car whilst he was on holiday. So 20 hours later, more than a hundred pounds extra on products and several coats of B.O.S. he had a stunning silver Edition 30.
Just been out to see him cleaning it, well done, but with all his old supaguard stuff, shampoo, bird lime remover, wheel cleaner etc. I wonder how much of all those layers I put on actually remain?:cry:

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
Can't believe how many people think that supaguard is some wonder coating I've tried to tell loads of people buying new cars but still have it,salesmen must have made thousands out of it

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Can't believe how many people think that supaguard is some wonder coating I've tried to tell loads of people buying new cars but still have it,salesmen must have made thousands out of it

The guy tried me to sell something similar when I bought my megane, I turned it down (was about £150!) and he said well it's already been done so I got it for free lol

I'd like to say it was effective but I never cleaned the car while I owned it so have no idea if it worked.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I cleansed and sealed my father-in-law's Jaguar XF as we were going to use it as our wedding car and told him he wasn't allowed to touch or wash it till after the wedding. I saw him a few weeks after the wedding and he was washing his car with a washing up bowl, strong dilution of washing up liquid and a dish cloth. :rolleyes:

He then made me laugh by saying 'my wax wasn't very good as it didn't last very long, it doesn't come up all shiney now I can wash it!' Needless to say after re doing it for him and educating him his car now stays nice and shiney

Not a 320d
I never go further thn a layer of Super resin polish then a wax, carbon at best, generally let them have FK something or other. usually Pink.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols! He could have washed it with water and the Bos would have come off tbf.

Poor show but what can you do.