ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A couple questions about 172 cup driveshafts

Audi A5
Well my passanger side shaft is knocking when coming out of a corner so want to pick one up from someone breaking a clio to keep things cheap.

Had a search but can't find a definitive anser.

As we know the driveshafts vary between the different models and I'm trying to find out what shaft I need for the passenger side on my 172 cup.

Does a genuine 172 cup shaft have an abs ring on it?

Will a shaft from a different model fit and work ok or does it have to be from a 172 cup?

I know some are different lengths so just want to clear these things up before I get one.

Has anyone got a picture of some genuine 172 cup shafts?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers Bobby

Lionel Richie
must be from a 172 cup and bizarrely yes they have ABS rings, ring Adam at Renault Wolverhampton on 01902439264 surprisingly cheap for new ones!

Lionel Richie
i'm not a trader on here anymore, so can't discuss prices, you will have to contact me through other means ;)

Cup In bits
Another route to try is a scenic mk1 2.0rt shaft as they are pretty much the same in spec if not the same length and it would explain the ABS rings.

Cup In bits
Pretty much? lol

A few millimetres (naff all) different in length from the the research I done ages ago. I have a feeling they're the same shaft as with most manufactures parts are shared and brought forward to new models 'if it ain't broke why fix it'

They are the longest 23 spline inside/outside shafts available for the jc5 box going afaik. Sufficient lol?