ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A couple problems - Oil Leak and Power Steering Whine

Clio Sport 182
Hey Chaps,

I've noticed oil dripping just under the timing belt side of the engine and having a look under the car looks as though it is caked all over the place. The leak looks very watery and not as black. I've checked the engine oil and it appears to be fine.

Additionally, the steering feels heavy and whines a lot when I turn the wheel or full lock it. Could it be the power steering fluid that is going everywhere?

I'll get an image and audio clip up tomorrow to let you guys hear the noise.

Clio Sport 182
I've uploaded an image and a video of the sound it makes. Having a proper look under the car this morning shows that the power steering whine and leak are two separate problems in my opinion. I've marked where the oil kinda sets before starting to drip. Ignore the oil marks on the drive, the one directly below are the freshest patches of oil.

mxb1Lbq.jpg

Clio Sport 182
Just an update for other users searching for similar issues.

I replaced the crankshaft seal and dephaser pulley (got the complete timing kit replaced as it was due any way; including aux belt, water pump etc.) and the leak has stopped. The whine was due to the dephaser pulley.