ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A couple of simple questions!

1.2 16v Dynamique
Hi guys, just a few questions i'd like to ask if you wouldn't mind helping me out, i'm no mechanic so you may have to bear with me i'm afraid!

02 Renault Clio 1.2 16v

Intermittent wipes/ Rain Sensor

I looked quickly on here but for some reason my intermittent wipers don't work, ever since I bought the car the speed 1 and 2 work but not the intermittent. How do I fix this? Also, may be a silly question, but i don't even know if i have a rain sensor with auto wipers? I can't imagine I do! I had a quick look up in the interior light section where people have said but can't see anything lol.

IMAG0183.jpg

Colour coding rub strips

After reading these seems cheap, but a few hours of work? Call me lazy but does anyone sell these painted? I could do it myself but i'm worried ill mess up, do i sand, primer, sand, primer, paint? If so what grades do I use? Sorry to be a pain!

Im know there's more but I can't remember right now lol. Thanks for your help!

1.2 16v Dynamique
Another one if you would, they guy I bought the clio off cut the rear bumper to fit an exhaust through, he done a terrible job and i don't know much about body work. Im trying to avoid buying a new rear bumper and re-cutting it, could I take it to a body shop for them to build back up, something i could do or is this not an option?

cheers.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
If there is no rain sensor (which there should be) the auto wipers will not work. I don't think they will then default to an intermittent setting either, so that first function will do nothing. I think that's how it works anyway.

Edit: oh you have a 2002 model. I don't think they can with auto anything, so my first part is wrong.

Last edited:
  1.2 16v Dynamique
That makes sense, I think I read a while ago that it was 2004 models onwards? (I may be wrong)

Any idea why the intermittent wouldn't work though?

Evo 8 MR
I'd take a wild stab in the dark and say there may be a relay that's gone.

Auto wipers/lights was introduced on the 52 plate models onwards.

Bumper can be repaired but I don't think it will be cheap.

You'd be very lucky to find colour coded strips in the colour you want, only way is to DIY or take it to a bodyshop.

1.2 16v Dynamique
Thanks st3ve, i wouldnt know where to start with the relay mind!

theduck im based in Cardiff area, South Wales.

Another one if you would, they guy I bought the clio off cut the rear bumper to fit an exhaust through, he done a terrible job and i don't know much about body work. Im trying to avoid buying a new rear bumper and re-cutting it, could I take it to a body shop for them to build back up, something i could do or is this not an option?

cheers.

I take it the previous owner cut a semi-circle out of the bottom of the bumper for the tailpipe and it isn't very neat. Can it be made slightly larger and therefore made neater at the same time or could you fit some kind of trim like the 182's have?

If the cutout is too big to sort easily like that, it may be cheaper to source another bumper the same colour (obviously minus any cutouts) and make a new cutout.

If the hole is a complete circle higher up the bumper you may want to re-position the exhaust as well.

Just a few of thoughts.

Last edited:
  1.2 16v Dynamique
Well, he did';t go about it like that, he kind of cut it flat above the tail pie, then curved it round, but by the looks of it he cut it with a hamster. Its too large aswell, i think a new bumper is the route to go down when I get money.

Any ideas about the wipers? Easy fix for the intermittent wiper setting?