ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

a bit sluggish?

ClioSport182
every day when i finnish work and some mornings on the way to work when i start my car it seems a bit sluggish and holds back a bit. it also sounds a bit tinny like for about 1 minute then runs fine. can anyone help me?

clio182ff

Inferno 182 Cup
iv noticed with my car, when iv just started it, its not as fast as normal. i think this is just due to it being cood though!

hope this helps

u need the let the car warmup so that the oil is at the right temp

its sluggish so that the engine doesnt get f**ked

its common sense with most cars, let the oil come up to temp before going hard

Inferno 182 Cup
wheres the tinny sound coming from? engine? i have a Janspeed exhaust so thats all i can hear at low revs!

Megane
The ecu limits the engine performance until its up to temp I believe. This is to prevent damage occuring to the engine when its cold.
I think it also has something to do with the emissions result for the european tests when cold, which is why they can be a bit lumpy on idle, from what I've heard.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
all the 1*2 i've driven do this, makes you look a c**t when changing into 3rd

ClioSport182
took induction kit off and looked in the end .. was a load of like bits on it out of the air intake pipe. have cleaned it all out.... gonna test in the mornin lol

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Remap doesn't remove it, well it didn't on mine, just makes it alot smoother :), higher idol helps a treat;)