ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

a bit gutted

'51, 172
my mate has just bought an audi tt 225. ive not been in it yet but been lookin at the stats and with a top speed of 151 it will obviously beat mine but the top speed dont matter anyway. what will my chances be if i get brave enough to have a play against it. the 0-60 of the tt is apparently 6.6 and i think mine is 6.9? he says it sticks to the road really well too and i always find mine to be a bit twitchy. ta.

ST
SZMZM42.jpg

BMW M135i
I've had a rolling blast with one from 20 in 2nd gear and just edged it in the meggy, so i'd say your toast especially when rolling.

Ive had a tt 225, sadly had to get rid due to costs. The TT is such a nice car, biuld quality is a hell of alot better, and the grip is a whole different league to the 182. The 182 is great for the money though, and is great fun. but i do miss my TT, then i look at my bank balance, and i realise why i got rid. In my opinion, the TT is more of a luxury sports car, wants to be a racer, but thanks to german saftey, it just cant get there. The 182 is more like " you know im gonna go wrong, you know i will fall to bits, but we will have a hell of a good time getting there". Its more of a drivers car, alot more driver interaction.

cheers
toon

ST
A form of 4wd yes...badged as quattro (for people who fall for marketing bullsh1t) but actually haldex not a proper 50/50 system..

You spend too much time with Hendo.

The boy is a foot, why wouldnt i..

A form of 4wd yes...badged as quattro (for people who fall for marketing bullsh1t) but actually haldex not a proper 50/50 system..
Same type of system as the Golf R32 ?

Yes mate..:eek:

tiTTy & SV650
^ think he meant an R8

and no idea of power figures for either but I imagine the Lambo would be faster otherwise VAG would have owned themselves....

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
I've had a rolling blast with one from 20 in 2nd gear and just edged it in the meggy, so i'd say your toast especially when rolling.

Well, not toast, but I'd agree. In a straight line thrash he'll get maybe 1 or 2 car lengths on you, but in the corners you'll have a chance - but you'll have be very committed heh, and know the road like the back of your hand, as he'll have more grip I'd imagine.

Mind you, all the mags and motoring reviewers etc always slate the hell out of the Mk1 TT as a drivers car so, who knows :)

Dan

Trophy #240/R33 GTST
Just wateva you do don't tell him about getting it chipped otherwise it will be bye bye..usually hit about 260bhp after a good remap with a solid base engine.

Tangoed Works
driven my friends tt and i think its a pile of balls to drive. build quality etc is very nice, although the interior very plasticy for an audi. the new one is leagues ahead with loads of stiched leather all over the place.

my legs constantly touching the steering wheel and im only 5'9". Whats that all about? no feel to steering, crashy damping but very good pull off the line.

not for me imo.

Clio
It makes no difference, just always remember, he'll look camp how ever fast he is going. TTs are for birds.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
My dad used to have one, didn't think it was girly at all tbh, looked alot smarter than most of the things driving on the road today. I think they look better than CS.

I thought it was pretty rapid too. He never had many dealings with other cars, but I was once in the car when he was having a do with an integra type r, the integra couldn't get anywhere near if i'm honest.

f_Picture2000m_08d9df3.png

f_6m_b98a80a.png