ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A 0-100 in the GT-R

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
1700 miles now and loving being able to open it up at last.However 10mpg is abit of a wounder so ive picked a lil astra 1.6 for the day to day stuff.

I managed about 9secs 2 up without LC which was pretty impressive :).

[YOUTUBE]B03SAo24x3c[/YOUTUBE]

IMG00156-20100526-1432.jpg

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
Its strange when you do it it almost doesn't feel fast id like to passenger in it but i haven't found anyone to drive it lol,COBB ap is definitely on the cards i need high 7s.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i actually wanna see how my rx7 compares to one of these once im ran in and mapped, when i was running twins which it was about 300 at the wheels, i had a white one overtake me and i decided to play, i didnt keep up lol! the guy stopped and said i kept up better than he expected... so when i have 500ish bhp i wanna see how well i do then lol!

overly sexual car though! but you have seen i like to back up the gtr :)

and 10mpg... LOL! im gonna be getting that when driving like a granny :(

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i dunno... it will be close i think... the rx7 is lighter but getting traction is going to be the problem.

Coupe/Defender V8
rapid - jump from an LP560 into one of these on track and the power delivery is day and night. They're almost too quick for the road (at least in the UK)

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Nice cars but I will never own one. My old Evo running a 2.3 stroker engine and a 35R, 4.11 final drive (190mph 5th) stayed in front for some distance when I played with one but different car different setup.

The most impressive thing about the GTR is that you can get consistant one after the other launches which I love.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
At rockingham there were 3 gtr's running in the mlr sprint and they were shown up by a lot of evos

One had a stage 2 tune on it (680bhp)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
evo's are lighter though and still awd... the place my rx7 will fall down is a shed load of boost coming in and loosing traction lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
that looks like its painted midnight purple?! if so OMG thats AMAZING! sounds supercharged lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
k&n filters are actually really good! not the chavvy s**t all you clio drivers use, but their universal ones, im running one on my rx7 it turned up today actually, not many companies make filters that will flow 700bhp plus and not implode lol.

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
Not too bad IMO you have a service every 6 months or 6k iirc,12k service is about £500,petrol is the killer if your going to drive it regularly i did 300quid in the first week in fuel lol.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
David Yu's car is awesome.

I prefer it in the original colour though. That re-creation of MPP looks way off.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
did i read right? 1800 for that wrap? you could of done a respray for that ffs lol! midnight purple is one of my all time favourite colours ever.

monaco blue 172 ..
pmsl buys a gtr then buys an astra cos cant afford to run it lol .
nice cars ... saw a white one other week in petrol station near me .... but the guy who came out to it looked about 23 and had matching sunglasses ,,, looked like a right gimp lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
it simply wont...

its not a massive certain it wont... its completely possible with the right traction etc..... within theory its possible to gear a rx7 to over 200mph... by just changing the diff out so its possible it could happen however the gtr launches so well, i dont think i would get the traction without using 888's and some abuse to the clutch.

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
Its not that i cant afford it its that i don't want to,racking up miles around town isnt the way to enjoy a GT-R IMO.