ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

911 Carrera Gen 2

Thought I'd share with you all my new car... its a 2009 911 Carrera 2. Its the all important Gen II which supposedly solved a lot of the reliability issues with the Gen I. Coming from an E92 M3 Coupe and as you imagine its a completely different driving experience. Love the power delivery of the 911 its still an occasion every time I take it out, although must say not having the rear boot and (useable) back seats is a bit of a nuisance already.

Its on 78,000 miles and has 5 previous owners but to be honest its by far the best condition car I've owned! Each owner has clearly spared no expense in its upkeep. Its also had a Gtechniq protective sealant applied and 5 year warranty on this. I'm sure the front end has had a respray as its immaculate with only the odd stone chip, which at 78k miles would seem pretty difficult to maintain.

Optional Extras include:
Park Assist Rear
Touchscreen Satellite Navigation
Electric Memory Seats
Bi-xenon headlights
Full leather (including dash)
Sports Exhaust
PASM
Telephone module
Porsche Vehicle Tracking System

DSC_0125_zpsagondyr7.jpg

DSC_0157_zpszbit04ff.jpg

DSC_0132_zps4khwlcyc.jpg

DSC_0128_zpsxnkpbfek.jpg

DSC_0127_zpsgahfeegb.jpg

DSC_0143_zpsrwcqijq7.jpg

DSC_0150_zpsdhx4qzff.jpg

DSC_0144_zpsq0xl2cvn.jpg

DSC_0145_zpstcxybnop.jpg

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Nice! I was looking at these for such a long time...and it's still an itch I have to scratch...but kids and practicality won the day for me hence the RS on order.

Spotted another optional extra you have...coloured wheel centre caps!

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Very nice.

While doing some window/autotrader shopping for 997's I was wondering if buying a gen 1 car with say a Hartech maintenance plan would be an alternative if you couldn't financially stretch to a gen 2 car.

Buy a cheaper/older car and get the maintenance plan to help if the bore issues or ims problems come up.

RB 182
If you can get your hands on one try and get the sports steering wheel, had one fitted on my old Cayman S and makes it look much more upto date :)

997.1-48-copyright-porsche-downloaded-from-stuttcars_com.jpg

Thanks for the comments all, have thought about upgrading the steering wheel as it certainly gives the interior a more up to date look. I was only really looking at Gen 2s due to the reliability issues with the Gen 1, but as always its difficult to know how much of it is internet scaremongering. You could also save quite bit going for a Gen 1 with a warranty as has been said.

Ah very nice! Did you get this off M3 cutters? Part-ex your e92 DCT by any chance? Looks lovely!!

Almost, bought it off a chap from M3cutters, the same guy I bought an e92 M3 (Manual) from. Saw it at the time I bought the M3 and fell in love then, said to let me know when he come to sells it!