ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

900kg

182 S
How can I get my car down to this weight. At a guess I'm down to about 1050kg ish. Lightweight alloys next which should see of about 15 to 20kg

340i
Bring it to me for a day...

Mine is 886kg with the bucket seats in! And 928kg with standard
front seats (both weighed with half a tank of fuel) ;)

Our ph2 172, with Composite Seats, no rear seats, no airbags, anti vibration block or tar based sound deadening, with half a tank of fuel, the spare turini & tool kit and two people on board (weighing 85kg & 68kg - my athletic figure ;)) weighed in on the local weigh bridge at 1180kg.

The weighbridge has an accuracy of +/- 20kg.

So without people and tool kit/spare wheel (aprox 25kg?) it is almost bang on a 1000kg with about 25L of fuel on board.

Shaving another 100kg off a ph2 would require Polycarb, Composite Panels/bonnet and minimal rear interior for starters IMO.

340i
No chance! Weighbridge?

Yeah on a weigh bridge.... So not all that sure on the accuracy, everything is stripped out, no sound deadening, no plastics, manual windows, stripped loom, cut down dash, cup alternator set-up etc.

I would say it's very close to 900kg

what does yours weigh Chris?!

BMW M5 & E36
Yeah on a weigh bridge.... So not all that sure on the accuracy, everything is stripped out, no sound deadening, no plastics, manual windows, stripped loom, cut down dash, cup alternator set-up etc.

I would say it's very close to 900kg

what does yours weigh Chris?!

You'll struggle to get to 900kg in a Mk2, that's very light. Maybe completely dry.

Never weighed mine. Going by others and my own calcs I'd say about 820 with cage, so probably 780ish without cage.

TrackCar & F30 330d
My 182 is 940kg. and its fully striped. still have electric glass windows and mirrors. But i recon i can get another 20kg off it by getting windy windows and poly windows in the rear and side. and cutting out the second skins out of some pannels.

Check my project thread out to see how much i dont have in my car :) (i know mine isnt the lightest)