ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

8g iphone (few questions)

bmw 318ci coupe
this has probably been asked 100s of times but couldnt find it in search option. been on the o2 website and im confused about the tariffs etc, how do you go about getting one and then unlocking it? is it the same as the old one? and HOW MUCH IS ONE THIS WAY?

(or do you have to set up a contract instore this time?)

basically does anyone know how and where to get the new 3g iphone at the minute?

Also when its unlocked will it take ANY sim? including 3? im moving to OZ in Sept and was wanting to know if i unlocked it would it work ok over there.

Im confused lol so any help is appreciated, thanks, Gav

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
IIRC

You can't get a new iPhone 3G from instore without signing a contract. There are iPhone 3Gs being advertised on eBay as coming without a contract, I don't know what the deal with these is, but they are big money anyway. I'd say your only option is buying the older iPhone which can be unlocked to any network (expect 3 IIRC) off contract

As Gareth said really.

1st Gen iPhones can be unlocked and run anything but 3.

Nobody has unlocked the new ones yet, but you need a contract to get the 3G iPhone anyway.

or you can buy a stupidly priced 3G from eBay because someones got the contract and then sold the phone.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
its all well and good unlocking the software, but if you can't get hold of the phone in the first place without a contract??

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i was messing with my 3g and looked in service providers... there is a list of all the uk providers... so me thinks its unlocked to any network??

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
i was messing with my 3g and looked in service providers... there is a list of all the uk providers... so me thinks its unlocked to any network??

It will show all the phone networks it can see.

The phone is locked to O2.

Edit: Humph,

Last edited: