ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

7th time lucky, 182

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Hey guys! We drove up to Telford sunday before last to look at Junior bears 182, which I initially said no to as it was further than I wanted to travel, but after looking at 6 1*2's I was convinced no good ones were left! This one has good service history, belts were done at Fred's last year & serviced by Birchdown :approve:

Anyway, we came away with a 182! Was a great drive home, these things do go well. Only issue with the car is the Serv & traction control lights come on now & again.

Pics of her on the way home

image_zpsf0ef7f73.jpg

image_zpsf19086da.jpg

Monday morning tea break, we were all admiring her bright paintwork in the sun :D
image_zps2f631bf1.jpg

I picked up a mint cup spoiler in Titanium on wednesday night 7 fitted it the next morning :eek:

Saturday morning i wanted to do a few jobs that were niggling me.

image_zpsf2fa0fb9.jpg

image_zps686ef2ff.jpg

image_zps16259a94.jpg

image_zps4a373570.jpg

image_zpsc4424efa.jpg

I then fitted silvervisions all round which look so much neater!

image_zps18c805fe.jpg

She needs a good clean under the bonnet etc.

image_zpsb54970c2.jpg

image_zps1fa1f42c.jpg

The interior strips had been carbon wrapped which from day one bugged me! So I managed to remove the wrap but I now plan on respraying, decaling & laquering them as the gear knob is very tired looking. Paint got, just need to measure up for the decals I want.

image_zps5631a86d.jpg

image_zps2ba06cf3.jpg

I plan on using the new style rs lettering for the decals. Also, the steering wheel is being refurbed within the next few weeks.

image_zps8d9119d1.jpg

How she is looking at the moment. so far in one week -

Silvervisions
Headlights polished
Cup spoiler
fabia splitter
New RS badge ordered
Bullets ordered
Carbon wrap removed
Spray paint bought
Removed wind deflectors

image_zps029ce2c9.jpg

image_zpsbec860c1.jpg

image_zps9a194bfd.jpg

image_zps66287688.jpg

image_zpsa5c67d29.jpg

To come

Steering wheel refurb
Interior strips refurb
Bullets refurb
Service
x2 front tyres
de dent! Theres a few more dents than I'd like.
Detail!

How the rear end will look, badge wise! :p Would have my old flamer back in a heartbeat!

photo_zps0ca0e5f1.jpg

Cheers :thumb:

work for BMW
You will never be happy with your car judging from how many you have been through , just buy your old flamer back

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
cheers chaps, I do want Daisy back I admit it. The wheels are a darker anthracite, they will go back to standard but atm they are in pretty good shape 'kerbing' wise :)

I'd love her sitting as Daisy did but tbh I don't know if I can be bothered anymore!? Must be getting old!

From what I can see there not black? Definitively a darker shade of grey though. Looks good, be interested to see what you do with it, cars always look ace in that hanger the lights ace.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
You will have it looking it's best in no time :)

Surprised you went with silver though!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Some nice improvements already.

Should look great once you have worked your magic on it.

Maybe keep this one longer than 3 days? :rasp:

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
lol sssshh boys! Tbh I really really wanted a black gold or flamer. I looked at 2 black's, 1 flamer, 3 silvers & none were at the stage I could be happy with. Missed out on what sounded like a good flamer, by one hour ! :(

Silver was off the list, but its a lovely colour with awesome fleck. And I can use a sponge to clean her & don't need to have kittens about it ;) If I owned a sponge, that is :p

BMW M135i
Traction and SERV will possibly be brake pedal switch adjustment. And unpainted plenum and fuel rail guard needed asap.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Oh don't worry, that engine bay is on the list! When did you sell the meg?

Yes Lee! Love bg 182's! ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lovely Dawn. Titanium is actually a very special colour. Camera isn't doing it any favours but maybe after a full detail it'll look immense.

Oh little tip if you're seriously correcting it, Ultrafina/ good finishing polish and burnishing/jeweling brings Silver alive.

Just the wheels to get OE at some point and it'll be perfect.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Why will I get bored with it? Never owned silver before! This is the last one now ;)

nope, she's no flamer but she'll do :)

cheers for the tip Gally. Oh btw, thanks for the wax. I've been meaning to pm you. What's the other 2?

Why did you sell the flamer? Looked immaculate!

New car looks good though :) easy to keep clean! What exhaust system has it got currently?

Can't believe how much difference silvervisions make, would you mind sending me over a link to where you got them please :)

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Looks lovely, my favourite colour in 182's not that I am biased. Such a brilliant colour in the sun.

work for BMW
Maybe you should have held out longer for a better colour , silver is so bland and not eye catching what so ever !

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Titanium looks epic when clean, I should know I did my mates v6 last year ;)

the silvervisions are off ebay, nothing special.

​Cheers for the comments, good & bad! Im quite taken with 'silver' ;)

Clio V6
I take it the Twingo got moved on then.

​If nothing else this must prove how special the Vee is to you as you've kept that throughout and only wobbled a few times :)

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Yeh the vee is my baby, would only sell her for financial reasons.

Twingo went march time, we have a vauxhall now ;)