ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Iceberg Silver 182FF

Been six months since owning the car, new to the forum so thought I would start a project thread to share what I've done and what I will be doing to the car!
Its a 55 full fat and just covered 70k miles and is very clean!
16289322070_57aa6a16e3_c.jpg

So far I've replaced the exhaust mounts and standard exhaust for a stainless non branded one off eBay as the original one had rusted through in multiple places, looks OEM but is of a much higher quality and sounds a fair bit louder and deeper than stock. I also yesterday fitted the cheapest de-cat pipe I could find on eBay (40 quid) not sure if I like the sound or not yet, at medium revs sounds kind of 'hollow' so will try heat wrapping it soon to see if that changes anything. Also fitted cheap eBay chrome indicators front and back and replaced gear knob insert for an engraved one as it had worn.
15854219814_cbbe5fd65b_n.jpg
16475009401_25b4aaa90a_n.jpg
16476906285_ae27b45e33_q.jpg
16458549176_dd21189a06_m.jpg
When I first got the car it was leaking power steering fluid, down to a crack in a sensor, kind of lucky as it was a cheap fix and very easy to access and replace in the engine bay. AC didn't work but it had never been re-gassed in its life, so replaced the condenser as most of the fins had perished + had it properly re-gassed, now de-mists windows very quickly and ready for the summer heat!
4 new budget tyres all round, surprised they actually seem to have more grip than the pilot sports that were on it before, but I think this is because they are softer so I guess as a trade off they won't last as long.

(So, not as cheap to run as my old 1.2 thats for sure... :smile:)

Today I have just ordered everything to service the car (air/oil/pollen filters, oil, spark plugs) along with a couple extra upgrades for the car:
Powerflex dogbone bushes and a 200 steering wheel! Will post about them here once fitted and will record the process of changing the wheel over.
Heres the image from the eBay order:
16289297008_8503878bb3_n.jpg

Titanium 182
Looks really nice mate very clean! Also it's titanium not iceberg silver :)

Some xenon washer blanks and a 3/4 number plate would really finish off the front end

Looks really nice mate very clean! Also it's titanium not iceberg silver :smile:

Some xenon washer blanks and a 3/4 number plate would really finish off the front end
Oh! thanks for letting me know haha, just looked it up, didn't realise iceberg was for 172s and titanium was 182s! Any way I can change the thread title? :smile:
Thanks, and those are definitely on the to do list!

Will post more pictures after a proper clean

Titanium 182
Not sure about thread title pal! I presume belts have all been changed on time? Just before you start spending on cosmetics etc :smile:

Powerflex bushes came this morning and have just fitted them, took just over an hour, not too difficult a job!
Before:
16502141905_652528c512.jpg

Pushing small side out with a vice and got the big end out with a hammer. Fitting new bushes was easy, took the metal out first, put in the plastic bits then pushed metal part in last with a vice:
16501132632_03bf85a93c.jpg

16476141836_38a69cf3b1.jpg

Fitting was harder than taking out, used the grease supplied to help it go back in and had to take off skid pan and loosen the black rod underneath the small bush to fit:
16314400028_b6ddd59feb.jpg

Very pleased with it, was expecting more vibrations from reading up on peoples experience with this but its hardly noticeable, gear stick is lovely now, hardly wobbles at all anymore and makes the car feel tighter!

2014 Clio 200t edc
Really nice car mate. Looks beautiful. Does the dogbone powerflex bush stop the gearstick moving when you take your foot off the accelerator?

Really nice car mate. Looks beautiful. Does the dogbone powerflex bush stop the gearstick moving when you take your foot off the accelerator?
Yes it removes just about all of the movement, quite amazing how such a cheap + easy mod changes the car!
Yeah I fitted my dog bone bushes 2 weeks ago and it makes quite a difference. Worth doing as its cheap and quick to do. Lovely 182 by the way.
Thank you :)

Wheel came this morning, took my time and it took around 3 hours and am very pleased with it on the whole! much nicer as the old had lots of melting and looks crap. Thicker than the old one and I would say a much more comfortable wheel to hold, sits closer than the old one which I think is a plus although reaching the stalks with your thumbs still on the wheel is a bit of a reach.
Installing is quite easy, the horn is the exact same connector so that didn't need any modifying, cruise control ends had different connectors but they work the same so quick solder job. One of the airbag connectors plugged straight in and the other needed a small bit of plastic cutting off to make it fit.
So here it is, a 200 wheel, previously in a V6, now in my 182! :smile:
15908712163_855e44211b_c.jpg

2014 Clio 200t edc
Very nice mate, the 200 wheel looks slightly smaller than 1*2 wheel. I bet it's much better to drive with.