ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

750mb Allowance with Orange

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Hi, i have a new contract on orange and have a 750mb limit on none wifi net (Samsung Galaxy S) I had way more on my old contract (original 3G iPhone) but hey.

The bloke convinced me this was enough saying its around anhour a day, but now im worrying about going over. I view alot of hq youtube videos when on 3g isnt this going to send me over the limit pretty quickly? Im talking bout 3x 5 min videos a day plus about an hours browsing forums?

I've installed an App Called "3g Watchdog" and thats saying ive used 3.6mb since installing to today @ 10am, And ive hardly used the net at all today, Im worried im going to go over, but everyone is saying "I use mine all the time, more than you and never go near my limit"

I've phoned 150 and gone through the options and it appears ive got 717mb remaining (ITs a 2 day old contract so not sure If I got the full allowance). I tried to get through to Orange but gave up, Can I bolt on extra mb? I really like the phone but if im worrying about using it, I may as well have a 3210!

Thanks

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I think I hammer my data on my iphone, especially compared to everyone else at work and have never gone anywhere near the 750mb limit.

Think most I used was 300mb in a month.

Just see how it goes. I wouldn't take much notice of the shop staff (generally) as one of them tried to tell me what I'd be over my limit by watching 3 YT vids a month! Lolz. TBF, that was a woman.

750MB is enough for most people. If you're not on it all day, everyday, you'll be fine.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
everyone is saying that, but if ive used 33mb in 2 days ( I seriously dont know how, ive hardly used it!) I guess im worryingover nothing

ITB'd MK1
Orange told me they didn't do a package with more than 500mb and that was only about 3 weeks ago. I used over 800mb a couple of months ago and i still can't understand why.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I have 3GB on my Desire and rarely go over 1GB appart from when I moved and used it as a hot spot. 750MB should be fine and 3G watchdog works very well. Just cut down in the last week if it's looking close...

Download the 'Your Orange' app which will detail all of your allowances and keep track of where you are.

I find it very useful to keep track of minutes and data.

Orange told me they didn't do a package with more than 500mb and that was only about 3 weeks ago. I used over 800mb a couple of months ago and i still can't understand why.

They used to do 500MB for £5 or 750MB for £10, but that seems to have disappeared off their website options now. I get unlimited at the moment but it was a freebie and runs out with my contract next month.